Climbing Stairs in Your Office?

I work on the 14th floor of an office building. Was contemplating switching from elevator to stairs daily. 14 flights of stairs seems like a lot but someone else in my office does it... Was wondering if anyone has or does this and what kind of benefits/results were seen over the long term.

Currently my exercise routine consists of 3x per week running 3 miles at 5mph. I work long hours and a busy schedule so I have been having a hard time adding more time in for exercise- want to incorporate smaller burst like stairs, walking instead of taking the subway, etc. I need to mainly tone up and lose about 10lbs..

If you have done this or have any other suggestions for adding in some daily routines to increase exercise, please let me know!

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    14 flights, whoa! Climbing that much may cause calf soreness will impair your running efforts. Maybe take a few flights then hop on the elevator?
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    I don't have that many stairs (my building is only 5 flights of stairs), so I take the stairs unless I have something heavy to carry or am sick. You could always work up to the 14 flights trying as many as you can then taking the elevator for what you can't do.