Has anyone tried Alli or anything like it??

Options
Hi. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried Alli or another weight loss supplement and how it worked for them? I am doing decent in my weight loss journey (36 pounds since November), but I would like to boost it just a little bit. I'm not looking for drastic weight loss quickly, because I know that it leads to weight rebound, rather something to help out.

Any thoughts are really appreciated!!

Replies

• wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've used it on and off for years. It just helps you lose a tad faster (1 extra pound for every 2). And as long as you don't eat a high fat diet there are no side effects. It does deplete your body of vitamin D so be sure to take extra D before bedtime every night.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I used it when I first quit smoking. I couldn't stop eating and didn't think it was a good idea to try to diet. I figured I'd worry about my weight later.

The oily anal leakage.

They aren't kidding about that.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yes, this has been discussed quite a bit. I would suggest clicking on "search" and putting in Alli. You'll see all sorts of responses.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You've lost 36 pounds since November and you're not happy with that?!?! You didn't gain the weight overnight you're not going to lose it overnight either. You have a very healthy weight loss to date, embrace that instead of giving yourself anal leakage