liquid protein diet

Been thinking about going to a liquid diet for a week to lose a good chunk of weight. My wife had to do a liquid diet for a medical reason and lost considerable weight. I would be drinking protein shakes several times a day (whey powder with skim milk) and then a decent high protein dinner (her diet was all liquid though). I'll be limiting carb intake to whatever is in my dinner as well as my creatine supplement. I'll continue lifting and running throughout this time frame as well. One week, maybe to be extended into two tops if I feel ok with it and I'm seeing weight come off. I figure it's got to be better than the "starvation" diets that are becoming the latest craze. I'll be taking a one-a-day multivitamin as well. I realize my energy levels may drop off and I may not be maximizing gains during my workouts, but that's why I only want to do a week or two tops.

Replies

• So basically Lyle McDonald's crash diet plan. Just add in an omega 3 supplement and you're good.
  • Check with your doc.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Better than just juice, but still sounds like torture. What's the advantage of liquid over solid food?

I regularly get a good chunk of my nutrition from milk and whey, but I REALLY wouldn't want to give up the rest of my diet that I eat. There is something really satisfying about actually eating that I would really miss, and I just don't get what the benefit would be of giving it up.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Better than just juice, but still sounds like torture. What's the advantage of liquid over solid food?

I regularly get a good chunk of my nutrition from milk and whey, but I REALLY wouldn't want to give up the rest of my diet that I eat. There is something really satisfying about actually eating that I would really miss, and I just don't get what the benefit would be of giving it up.

^^I agree, I use the whey as well, just to hit the added protein.. but I would not be a happy camper if I ate once a day, I also realize your doing this once in awhile..good luck with it though ;-)