I did it!

Options
I went down a whole size! At least!

I didn't think it would ever happen because I was barely able to cram myself in my old pants (size 18) before starting this diet. But it finally did. I was scared to try on clothes again, afraid that despite everything I would still be the same size I've been for a while now. But here I am... at work.... wearing pants from 5 years ago! I tried on 16s on Saturday and had room to spare. In fact - the crop jeans that I bought were actually getting loose by the end of the day yesterday! Yay!

Size 14 here I come!

At just under 6 feet tall, the smallest I have ever been is a 12, back in high school. I'm hoping that I can get there again. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to buy all the cute clothes that would come with that!

Replies

• slschouest
    Options
    CONGRATS!
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    Great Job! JennyLynn84, that is awesome. Keep it up, reading your post is a great inspiration to others, that they to can
    have great success using this site. Good luck, getting to that size 14, I know that you can do it! Lots of smiles......:smile::smile:
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the good work!!
  • juju_bee
    juju_bee Posts: 5
    Options
    You're doing great! :)
  • kelley1006
    kelley1006 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! I know exactly how you feel. I just got back into 16s myself and it feels great!!! Just keep goin and you will make it!!! It is great inspiration to hear that you are doing so well.
  • RoAnn
    RoAnn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Fantastic. Let me ask you, does the smaller size or the smaller number on the scale feel better?

My wife is now beginning the process of recycling her closet too!!! She is excited to start wearing clothes that had grown too small to wear. I know by her excitement that you are excited!!!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Fantastic. Let me ask you, does the smaller size or the smaller number on the scale feel better?

I think I'm going to have to go with the size smaller!

I'm very carefully tracking the number on the scale because I'm in a work-based competition, but seeing physical changes in myself is definitely the best.

Things like noticing how much my face has slimmed down, fitting into smaller pants... looking better in all my clothes.... Those are the real treats. And because I'm a gym rat now, I also like changes in how much weight I can lift, or how long I can go during a workout before really getting tired.

In addition to recycling clothes I granted myself a couple new items too. Had to go shopping this weekend because hubby dropped TWO sizes! So I treated myself as well. :)
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options

I think I'm going to have to go with the size smaller!

I kinda figured that would be the answer when I asked... but thought the folks who get hung up on the scale number might do well to see that the scale number isn't the best number, it is the other metrics that are better!!!

Again, congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!