Fitbit or HMR?

Options
2»

Replies

• DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Jawbone UP!
    Much better than the FitBit. Basically everything wrong with the FitBit is corrected in the form of the Jawbone UP.
    I had a FitBit...but it was never accurate. It counts driving as steps!

:heart: my UP!

UP is a wristband. Tracks, steps, distance, active vs rest time. Calories burned. Stopwatch for activies. Idle alarm. Sleep functions are just as awesome!

Glad to hear somebody is having a good experience with UP. I bought one before I tried FitBit and had the worst experience. It wouldn't hold a charge and the cap kept falling off. I returned it and moved on the Fitbit..

I heard there were a lot of issues with the 1st generation.
    Mine is the 2nd generation...haven't had a single problem with it.
    I've had it since Jan 2nd and wear it daily...nightly too as I track my sleep patterns as well.
    It's fantastic!
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    all I have is a pedomiter wich I hardly ever use. Never heard of an UP I will have to look into that. Most of my exercise is walking. Dosn't have to be a Fitbit or HMR. I asked about those because that is what most people on here are talking about. I'm intrested in what ever you think might be best for me.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i bought a fitbit last month, and i returned it shortly after. i was fine with it not giving me my heart rate and those types of things but it seriously overexaggerated my steps and would tell me on the fitbit site that i burned thousands of calories, and then connect with mfp and only say i burned like 40 calories all day. its not accurate despite everything i had read on it before hand.
    i just got a polar ft4, and it is awesome. ive only used it a handful of times but i love it so far.

Thanks for that feedback. I was interested in the new fitbit Flex. I have a Polar Ft7 that ive used during EVERY workout since I got it in Jan 2013 and I LOVE IT ALSO.

Like a lot of other people, I wouldnt wear the HRM all day, but I would be curious to see what the fitbit says im doing during the day. Kinda crazy that the fibit would do that. Maybe you had a defective one? I liked the idea of the Flex. Constantly with you all the time. Even measuring a restful or restless nights sleep?

I've had my fitbit zip for over a month and I don't see any overestimating and it links perfectly with MFP. I do use the negative adjustment and am able to sync multiple times a day....so that may be the difference. My wife uses the fitbit one and is addicted to it as well. I wear it during my workouts, but also use a HRM for accurate calorie burn during that time. It helps if you don't know you TDEE. Its basically a pedometer on steroids and their is no subscription fee like some other calorie counters. Its totally a personal call if you think you need one though.