checking out whey protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wrote a post on this the other day. Hopefully this helps!

In general, protein powder helps me stay fuller longer and definitely helps with recovery after a tough, muscle taxing workout. Also makes for a good "guilt-free" post dinner snack/dessert.

Full list of brands I've tried include:
    --Body Fortress (Chocolate PB - delish, especially if making a shake with a frozen banana and/or PB2 added, Strawberry - tastes great!, Cookies N' Cream - doesn't really taste like Oreos or anything, oddly, tastes more like coconut to me, but still good!, and Vanilla. They also make a Vanilla isolate which tastes great and has more protein and even fewer carbs).
    --Bodylogix (from Meijer, Vanilla - awesome flavor. Probably my favorite powder of those I've tried thus far. A bit pricier, at around $20-$22 for 2lbs., but worth it! High protein to carb/fat ratio)
    -- Designer Whey (Vanilla - okay, but not really my favorite, even if it only contains 100 calories/scoop)
    --Generic Meijer store brand (Chocolate and Vanilla - these are okay if you're on a tight budget, but definitely not my top pick)
    -- Muscle Milk (Graham Cracker - INSANELY good flavor. Does contain more fat and carbs than most traditional whey proteins)
    -- Syntha 6 (Cake Batter - wouldn't recommend this one. Flavor seemed off to me and has composition similar to Muscle Milk. If the flavor was better, I'd take it, but since it's not, I'd prefer a powder with a higher protein ratio to carbs/fat.

I've heard lots of great things about Optimum Nutrition and plan to purchase that brand next. From what I've read, this is probably your best value powder in terms of grams of protein per dollar.

After puchasing as many powders as I have, I now order pretty much all my protein from Vitacost. Definitely the most bang for your buck and super fast shipping. Also, if you purchase through the following link, you'll receive $10 off your order of $30 or more (full disclosure - I also receive a credit for the referral, but, hey, we both win!) Hope this helps! https://www.vitacostrewards.com/jpI3EaR