Already have doubts

I quit drinking coke a week and a 1/2 ago. and i joined this site Monday.
I have walked 30 mina day so far and and doing ok but not good with my calorie in tkae. I am still alwasy hungry. I am a SAHM of 2 boys 3 and under.
I need my energy levels to come up so i can take better care of them.
I want to lose 15-20 pounds.
I want to feel like me again, or at least be happy with a new me that is healthy.

I want a coke so bad i could scream, I have had 2 already in the last 10 days.

Replies

• Ayreon
    Ayreon Posts: 2 Member
    I quit drinking coke a week and a 1/2 ago. and i joined this site Monday.
    I have walked 30 mina day so far and and doing ok but not good with my calorie in tkae. I am still alwasy hungry. I am a SAHM of 2 boys 3 and under.
    I need my energy levels to come up so i can take better care of them.
    I want to lose 15-20 pounds.
    I want to feel like me again, or at least be happy with a new me that is healthy.

I want a coke so bad i could scream, I have had 2 already in the last 10 days.
  • I gave up pop about a year ago... I found the easiest way to fight the cravings is to drink lemonaide and juice whenever you wanted a pop. Minute Maid Lite only had 5 calories so it is a great substitute. I also had to have my caffine so I switched to coffee, but that has a lot of calories as well so I started drinking tea. It has no calories and comes in a variety of flavors. If you don't really like the tasts a teasoppn of sugar helps and that teaspoon only adds up to a few calories.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Diet Pepsi has 0 calories.
    I have it every other week when I crave it.
  • copy and past the link below, there are a variety of great options here
    cola blast for your particular case (o carbs 8 calories) in addition to xs products
    check out trim advantatge in the search bar - good luck with the cravings

http://lholden.qhealthzone.com/Products/Thumbnail.aspx?ctg=12945&ast=406320&rtl=12918
  • dnjcountry
    dnjcountry Posts: 22 Member
    I quit sodas 3 weeks ago.I was really bad on the diet cokes. I have replaced with crystal light packets for bottle water. I really like the fruit punch. Only 5 calories per bottle of water. It is really good. Tastes really sweet. I really don't miss the sodas now. Also quit smoking last November on smoke out day.
    Thinner
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    8 oz. of black coffee only has 2 calories in it. It's when you start adding cream and sugar that it starts to add up.

2 months ago, I cold-turkied off anything with aspertame in it, including diet pop, which I have been drinking for 40+ years, averaging about 1 liter a day. Anyone try to tell you that aspertame and carbonated water are not addictive substances has obviously never tried getting off of it (and if I had done enough research beforehand, I would have been a lot better prepared for the withdrawal symptoms!). I wish I could tell you that you won't have to go through a withdrawal process to get over drinking Coke.......but I try to be as honest as possible at all times. It's going to take awhile for your body to rid itself of the cravings but I promise you, the effort WILL be worth it!

Case in point about aspertame ~ last Saturday, I tried a scoop of Braums Carb Watch vanilla ice cream and within the hour, I felt like I had come down with a bad case of the creeping crud..............severe headache, nausea, aching joints, diahrrea...........euuugghhhh :( It took about 24 hours for it to all go away and just reinforced my belief that at least for me, aspertame, by whatever trade name they call it, is indeed "sweet poison".
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    My sub for Pepsi (which I love) is lots of water. BUT, my other sub which stops the cravings and gives you that bubbly fix is 4 ounces of 100% juice mixed with 1 can of seltzer, or carbonated water as it is called sometimes.
  • try xylotil sweetener for your coffee or for sweetening drinks like tea, lemonade etc. It is an all natural sugar occurring from birch bark. It tastes great, has fewer calories than table sugar, but also the way those calories are processed in your body some of them don't "count" (they will still show up on your food diary, but about 40% of the calories won't be metabolised, they will be excreted)

The best thing about Xylitol is that it not promote tooth decay, and it actually helps to FIGHT tooth decay....there is no other sugar substitute out there that can claim that (I am a registered dental hygienist, so this is not just an opinion, but evidence based research supports this)

Aspartame (nutrasweet) is a very nasty substance overall, completely unnatural and not meant to be building up inside our bodies. Carbonated beverages taste so great, but the carbonation leaches calcium from your blood stream & bones (which we women need desperately), leads to tooth decay (yes, even sugar free), and also carbonated beverages are suspect in contributing to esophageal cancer.

So....back to plain old water, coffee, tea, the occasional juice.....get's boring doesn't it???
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    siigghhh.......wish we all knew then what we know now about things like aspertame and carbonated water! I drank diet pop all those years, never dreaming that all that carbonated water was contributing to the osteoporosis I now have.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    I gave soda up cold turkey 9 months ago. I drink mostly water but the lemon aid really cuts those cravings out. I perfer crystal light. However; I limit that as well. After two months your cravings all but disappear. I wish you luck coke is more like crack one drink thats all it takes. YOUR HOOKED
  • eonblue
    eonblue Posts: 35 Member
    this is probably a silly question but why would replacing diet coke with crystal light be any better? what is in diet soda that should be avoided that isn't in crystal light?
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    I was wondering that myself. I haven't looked at a Crystal Light label but I have to believe it's full of chemicals. I guess since it's not carbonated it's a little better than diet coke. Maybe the sweetner they use is better?
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    I found this out. I'm not using the powder anymore.

crystal light has low calories 5 per serving, so it's like drinking flavored water. But what they don't tell you is that some of their products do contain aspartame. Aspartame is know to store fat. The crystal light bottles, however, do not have aspartame, instead it uses splenda. So you may want to use that instead. As for the difference between crystal light and coke for me is I crave soda I never crave crystal light. It's just a treat for me to have instead of plain water. I only have one a day if none at all.
  • eonblue
    eonblue Posts: 35 Member
    diet calorie free drinks store fat - how ironic. there's hidden crap (pardon my french) in everything. :)
  • sbarkston
    sbarkston Posts: 23 Member
    Seriously.. just water... you will get used to it ... artificial sweeteners are the devil ...
    Your body will love you for the change
    Good luck on your journey
  • StaciMarie2020
    StaciMarie2020 Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2019

Old post - no point in replying so I deleted my comment.