Dreamsfield Pasta Noodles: Low Carb?

Options
Hi,
I've tried searching the message boards on this topic, but haven't found any results. The Dreamsfield company claims that one serving of their spaghetti pasta has only 5 digestible carbs. What do you think of Dreamsfield pasta? Is it really low carb?

From my own experiences with Dreamsfield it would appear that it isn't low carb. I eat low carb to lose weight and maintain. I shoot for about 50-60 carbs per day for slow weight loss. During the weeks I eat it, I either maintain my weight or gain a half a pound. However, my boyfriend has type 1 diabetes and finds he needs to take less insulin compared to traditional pasta. I'm curious to hear what other people's experiences have been eating Dreamsfield pasta.

I believe I am using the spaghetti pasta correctly: 8-9 minutes boiling to cook, no reheating, no storage, no acidic sauces, etc. I'm thinking I need to go back to shirataki noodles for my pasta fix, unless someone else as any ideas where I may be going wrong. :-(

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• siblita
    siblita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    what I experienced was that they didn't spike my blood sugar as high as a normal noodle, but they kept it elevated a lot longer (like 4 hours and still in the high range). I had to say goodbye to them, which I hated because they taste good. (And I can't get past the texture of the shiritaki noodles.) I use spaghetti squash as a sub now.
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I've never been much for squash. I'll have to give it try as a noodle sub. Thanks for the idea! :-)
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm on Atkins. I tried the Dreamfield, and found that it stalled my weight loss. I enjoyed them, but it looks like I can't have them until I'm in maintenance phase.

Also, I read somewhere, that you're supposed to cook them "al dente", meaning so that they're harder.
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm on Atkins. I tried the Dreamfield, and found that it stalled my weight loss. I enjoyed them, but it looks like I can't have them until I'm in maintenance phase.

Also, I read somewhere, that you're supposed to cook them "al dente", meaning so that they're harder.

Same here. I loved them, and that they're actually available at most grocery stores, but they did seem to stall me. I didn't gain weight from them, but those weeks I ate them I also didn't loose any weight. I will certainly go back to them once I'm maintaining, because they never made me crave sugar like real pasta does.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Also, they made me snore, according to my husband :)