addicted to grilled cheeses!!! i made one for 135 cals!!!

Options
Mcgrawhaha
Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
i just made an awesome grilled cheese, and it was so good, i decided to post about it!

sara lee wheat bread (45 cal per slice) 2 slices
sargento ultra thin cheddar cheese (45 cal per slice) 1 slice
i cant believe its not butter spray (0 cal)
<<<mustard>>> (0 cal)

omg it was awesome, and im really excited because what a filling snack for just 135 cals, or a great addition to a soup meal!

Replies

• kimberlyw26
    Options
    I make those all the time!! I love grilled cheese sandwiches:)
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    So making this! Now i can have grilled cheese with my 3 yr old. haha thanks!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yum,
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    yeah, it was awesome! i actually had 2 for lunch, for a grand total of 270 cals, and im stuffed!!!
  • bmckamey401
    Options
    Try one with tomato... I love Grilled Cheese with mustard and tomato!!!
  • jettek
    jettek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese are my comfort food. Will definitely try your version. :-)
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    Mustard... that sounds surprisingly good. I might try this, but of course not with the same brands.
  • avongirl74
    avongirl74 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    sounds like this is gonna be happening soon in my kitchen!! Yummo:smile:
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    did it and it tasted pretty good
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    How much spray? You know it's only '0 cals' if it's a 1 second spray, right? If you keep spraying until there's a inch deep layer on the pan, there's probably at least 2 or 3 cals.... :laugh:
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i like to make them on the george foreman grill with no spray or butter. they get super crunchy and so tasty!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    How much spray? You know it's only '0 cals' if it's a 1 second spray, right? If you keep spraying until there's a inch deep layer on the pan, there's probably at least 2 or 3 cals.... :laugh:

a serving size on the bottle said 5 sprays, its not the kind you can just hold down like pam grease spray... its a pump spray, so i used 5 sprays.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    did it and it tasted pretty good

awesome! i think its a great snack for 135 cals!!!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yes! I will have to try mustard on my grilled cheese. Sounds awesome!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

a serving size on the bottle said 5 sprays, its not the kind you can just hold down like pam grease spray... its a pump spray, so i used 5 sprays.

Haha, cool. I was just yanking your chain. :bigsmile:
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do this with the Healthy Life high fiber wheat bread and they are 35cal a piece and low carb.. Not trying to one up but this bread to me tastes just as good.
    2slices Healthy Life bread
    1 Slice store brand fat free cheese
    and a quick spray of olive oil pam spray or smart balance light butter with canola
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    I do this with the Healthy Life high fiber wheat bread and they are 35cal a piece and low carb.. Not trying to one up but this bread to me tastes just as good.
    and a quick spray of olive oil pam spray or smart balance light butter with canola

ive never heard of that bread, healthy life is the brand? im going to look for it next time im at the store!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    im a snacker, so, im always looking to get the most for the calories. if i can figure out a way to have 3-5 snacks within my calorie budget, im good to go!!! that was my problem that helped get me fat. a 500 cal snack here, a 500 cal snack there, and maybe a 500+ cal midnight snack... then my regular meals, i was easily eating about 3000 cals a day, due to my snacking, so... i get pretty excited when i find good snacks for low cals!
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

ive never heard of that bread, healthy life is the brand? im going to look for it next time im at the store!

Yes, you can get it walmart and I see it at our local grocer "schnucks" but they make a white or wheat and also hotdog/hamburger buns!!!! it's 35cal a slice and 16 grams of carbs for 2 slices of bread. the hot dog buns and hamburger buns are 80calories.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm a little jealous of the products you have access to in the US. Here in Canada we have a more limited selection. The lowest calorie bread I can find is weight watchers TINY slices for 110 per 2 and half the time they are overweight so they are actually more like 60 each.I haven't been able to find that butter spray either :ohwell: