Slimming down arms before wedding!!!

Options
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has had success in slimming down their arms and toning them. I am getting married in 7months and the dress looks amazing apart from my arms!!! I'm sure loads of brides before me have had this trouble.

I know I need to lose weight generally with cardio and strength which I have been doing but wanted to know of others success and routines that helped them get there!

Any help and advice is much appreciated

Replies

• xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ^^
  • dnhardy
    Options
    I'm very big on actual programs... so I really loved 30DS to tone up my arms. I'm starting it again soon as I'm getting married in about 7 months as well! I plan on doing it a few times mixed in with additional strength and cardio.

Congrats on the big day!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Start lifting HEAVY weights. Heavy enough where after about 8 reps you couldn't possibly lift another time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    You can't target a body part with exercise to slim it down. That comes with overall fat loss. You CAN increase the calories you burn with higher intensity and better muscle conditioning with higher resistance lifting compared to low resistance/high rep programs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition