lost ZERO pounds and I'm HUNGRY!

Options
Lost no weight. been five days and my stomachs growling

Replies

• BlondeGinger
    BlondeGinger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary...maybe you aren't eating enough? I know it sounds crazy...diet = eat more (better though) for a lot of people. I am proof of this! Feel free to add me I am on every day! (40 days and counting.....) :D
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Lost no weight. been five days and my stomachs growling

If its growling, your hungry.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Be patient.

Don't weigh yourself for 30 days.

Eat some high volume, low calorie food. A big meal sized salad maybe, measure the dressing.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    eat,
  • merrellmichael
    Options
    Dont have none of that. At work and only food I have is a Snickers bar in my bag
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Get off the scale. It is only an accurate measure of long term trends. Daily weigh ins are meaningless.

Be patient, not everyone shows weight loss in the first week.

Open your diary - how much are you eating? Going under the MFP calculations will make you hungry! What are you eating? Certain foods can help you feel full longer. As a rule of thumb, proteins and veggies keep hunger at bay, sugar and white flor increase hunger.
  • merrellmichael
    Options
    i dont know how to open my diary
  • cnewlin86
    Options
    Don't take this wrong way but as a whole we all want instant results and the thing is you might not see a difference in 5 days or 10 days or even 15 days. You have to keep going and stay consistent because it takes time for results to show. You have to work hard for it and you can't quit. Also starving yourself isn't going to work either. I don't know how many calories you are trying to eat but maybe you should up it a little. I workout out so that I can eat at least 1600 calories and I am able to find several healthy foods and snacks to stay at my goal. I'm rarely hungry.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Eat. Just, eat.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Eat more if you are hungry. Max out on protein, water, fiber and fats.

If you are hungry you need to eat. Simple as that.

If you don't have any food with you, hit up a store or a restaurant and get some. And for tomorrow plan ahead and bring something other than a chocolate bar.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Eat. Just, eat.

Agree^^^^^ just eat....takes time
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Dont have none of that. At work and only food I have is a Snickers bar in my bag

Eat it and put the calories on your food log, and then plan better for tomorrow.

If you open your diary people might be able to make some better suggestions. No weight lost in 5 days could be caused by a lot of things.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary so I have no idea what you're eating. But if I was a betting woman, I'd say you aren't eating enough. Go to the website for "Fat2Fit Radio" (don't know the web address off hand but Google it) and use their BMR calclator to tell you what you should be eating every day, calorie wise.

My next thought is perhaps you aren't using your calories wisely (which is why you're hungry). 100 calories worth of broccoli is NOT the same as a hundred calorie pack of cookies. Now, in terms of actual caloric intake, obviously it's the same. But in terms of nutrition, fiber content, etc., not even close. Perhaps it's how you're "spending" your calorie alotment that's the problem.

My other thought is if you're going to post something like this, make your diary viewable so we can make intelligent suggestions (or at least semi-intelligent ones!).

I wish you the best of luck. If you choose a realistic eating and exercise plan, you WILL lose weight over time.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Eat, pack real food for lunch not just snickers bars and for god sake eat...
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    only food I have is a Snickers bar in my bag

You may want to start with fixing this. That whole "hunger inside you and it wont go away" line from the commercial is not litteral.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Go for a run. No, not being mean or facetious.... Its what you should do. Substitute exercise for hunger cravings (that is of course this assumes you have already consumed your goal amount /intake of food).
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Settings > Diary Settings > Public.
  • merrellmichael
    Options
    Cant go for a run. Stuck at work. Also, just figured out how to make my diary public.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Eat when you're hungry and pay no attention to the scale.
  • AmandaLHaws
    Options
    It's best to eat every few hours. Eat small portions. Eat before your stomach is growling and only eat until you are 80% full. :)