Calorie Allowance

Options
Hi All, when I started, I was allowed 1330 calories. I have since lost 14 pounds, and my calorie allowance is still the same. Are there thresholds as to when the calorie allowance drops? Also, does it do it automatically?

Sorry if this is asked and answered - I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Also, I find I can stay well within my 1330 calories, sometimes coming up 200 short, anyone have any suggestions on things to eat to ensure I am not starving myself? I don't feel hungry, dizzy or ill ever when I don't eat my calories. So I am not _feeling_ deprived, but worry I am deprived.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You should change your goals every 10 pounds.

Also, you should lower your weekly goal as you get closer to your goal weight. The smaller you get the smaller of a deficit you should have.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Also, I find I can stay well within my 1330 calories, sometimes coming up 200 short, anyone have any suggestions on things to eat to ensure I am not starving myself? I don't feel hungry, dizzy or ill ever when I don't eat my calories. So I am not _feeling_ deprived, but worry I am deprived.

Look for calorie dense foods that won't add a lot of bulk. Nuts and seeds, peanut butter, olive oil, cheese, full-fat dairy, avocado, etc.