Classes cost too much...

Options
I have a hard time paying extra to join classes (I would have to pay $10 more a month at the gym I'm at now). I have done free classes in the past but I don't feel like I click with people in the classes I've been to and that's a big part of it for me. I don't really feel the desire to go if I don't 'have someone there for me' you know what I'm saying? Maybe i'm just weird. I need to figure out a way for me to just go into a class by myself and not need anyone else. Any advice? I still go to the gym, it just seems like a better burn in the classes vs me doing just cardio or slight lifting...

K

BTW I'm pretty sure I would join this class no matter how much it costs...

iAbb6_zpsa1664fb4.gif

Replies

• mtnmamastacey
    mtnmamastacey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've found great stuff on YouTube. The motivation to do them is up to you, but there's tons of stuff to try in the comfort of your own home. Just search for something you'd like to try - belly dancing, kick boxing, pilates, dancing storm troopers, anything!
  • fatfriendonadiet
    fatfriendonadiet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Can you bring a guest to the classes? Or do you have a friend who already attends a gym and would be interested in tagging along to classes?
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Can you bring a guest to the classes? Or do you have a friend who already attends a gym and would be interested in tagging along to classes?

It would have to be somebody that already has a gym membership.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    check out fitness blender online (just google it)... free, nice and kick *kitten* videos
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If I really felt like a class was going to help me and I was going to get exponentially more benefit from my gym sessions by attending a class or I had specific fitness goals where class participation has shown to be beneficial, I'd pony up the $10...that's a drop in the bucket when you're talking fitness.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I like classes too but my fellow Amazon all I can say is go and go for you and say "I am going to do this and enjoy this class because of the fierceness it is putting in me and how it is changing me!"
    I don't have friends that like the same classes or places to workout as me...so I have no choice to go by myself.
  • essicagoddess
    essicagoddess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Kendra:

$10 a month sounds like a bargain....Where I live it's $18 a class. Nothing is inexpensive in Napa Valley.
  • Bunnaliqua
    Bunnaliqua Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    check out fitness blender online (just google it)... free, nice and kick *kitten* videos

Thanks so much for that tip! I looked up the site and will try out the videos! :)