Cauliflower mashed potato recipe?

Options
duell55
duell55 Posts: 12 Member
I have heard that one can whip cauliflower up to be similar to mashed potatoes. Does anyone out there have any experience or good recipes to share on this matter?

Replies

• lou_lou_82
    lou_lou_82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just boil up my cauliflower for 10-15 mins, drain the water away and mash it. I divide it into 100g portions and freeze, and take it out as needed. Let it defrost overnight, minute and a half in the microwave, stir in 30g of Philadelphia (I use a soya cheddar spread), and 30 secs and thats it! I love it, and really feels like you are eating mash :-)
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I cut up a head of cauliflower put it in a steamer in a pot on the stove with a couple of peeled, whole cloves (not bulbs!!) of garlic. Steam it for 10-15 min or till done. Dump the water used to steam. Dump the cauliflower and garlic cloves into the cooking pot. Add in a spoonful of mayo and a little milk. Using an immersion blender, blend it all up, season and serve. If you don't have an immersion blender, you could go an extra step and just do it in the food processor.

I don't really like cauliflower, but I tried this recipe and I would be happy to eat the whole thing myself!