Replies

• Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Barbies
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    what did you collect when you were a child?- I collected stamps, rocks, keys, marbles, leaves. lol what about you?

I collected spoons. The tiny fancy spoons that said the destination on the handle. I had over 30 and from various countries and from several states up and down the east coast. I stopped collecting them in early high school.

I don't know exactly when I started, but I remember seeing a huge case of spoons hanging and I always thought that was cool, so I guess I was trying to get to that one day.
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Stickers and Star Wars figurines. My parents still have most of my original SW stuff from the late 70's early 80's!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Stamps, electronic stuff, Star Wars stuff, comic books (still have some).

Oddly, I have a Thermos collection.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Pogs (does anyone remember those?)

YES.

omg pogs were awesome!!

I never knew how to play, but my brothers did. I just loved going to the m j designs that sold them and collecting them. I'd spread them all over my floor a stare at my massive collection : )
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've never collected anything. Every. And God willing, I'll never start.

:grumble: Freaks & their Beanie Babies....:grumble:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Baseball cards. 44 years later, and I'm still collecting.

WINNER :-)
  • ThreasaRenee82
    Options
    I collected bells, troll dolls, books, rocks, and little odds and end things.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Feathers, snow globes, rocks
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The metal tabs off of the soda cans. I was cool. lol!
  • pinkcloudrising
    Options
    bruises from *kitten* whippings both at home and at school.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I had so much Barbie stuff we kept it in a second bedroom: The Barbie Room. Yes, really.

Also, I loved those stupid rubber bracelets that look like o-rings. When I got a black one, (just like Ricky Schroeder) I *knew* I was finally cool!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Key chains (yes, still do) and porcelain dolls (I know I know creepy… but I love them)
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Pez dispensers, Bryer horses, ceramic dog figurines, trolls, pogs (it was all about the the ones that had "poison", "8ball" and "skull" type themes though), R.L. Stein Goosebumps books...lot of stuff!
    I don't collect anything as an adult though.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    bear paws...how weird is that?! lol
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I collected Transformer comics. I had about 150 and then my mom ended up throwing them all away. I also had a substantial Star Wars toy collection. Its scary to think what THAT would be worth now.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Baseball cards (thank you, Barry Bonds, for rendering my mint condition rookie card worthless...*kitten*), stuffed animals, collectible spoons (I actually still collect these) & stickers
  • originalkazila
    Options
    Penguins, rocks, knick knacks - the uglier the better.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    gi joes
    wwf wrestlers the big rubber ones
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    paper napkins. i had disney ones too.
    and a weird one - i would collect almost completely used soaps when they become very thin. i still keep the box, it smells great.