Chakra Healing with Reiki

Options
themutineer
themutineer Posts: 117 Member
Has anyone tried Reiki healing?

I am having serious heart complications I think might be manifesting as a result of an unbalanced Anahata (Heart) Chakra.
While I am seeing medical professionals, including a Cardiologist, I believe deeply in a connection of the Mind-Body-Spirit.
I have had a few people from my yoga classes mention Reiki as a way to help heal my heart condition, and I'm interested in giving it a try out.
One of my yoga teachers is also a Third-Degree Reiki Master, so my care would be coming from someone I trust and respect deeply - no gimmicks.

Please share any thoughts, suggestions, or personal stories on how Reiki helped (or didn't help) heal your ailment.

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I'm a Reiki master and I think highly of it, obviously. However, with heart complications I would adivse you to also see your doctor.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am a Reiki Master and Reiki is very gentle and non-invasive. It will help to relax you and reduce your stress at the very least. I would recommend you give it a try, while also continuing care through your medical doctors.

You can message me if you have more questions or concerns about it but it is very safe and calming. :flowerforyou:

You can also try some meditiations geared toward chakra healing on your own which isn't Reiki but may also help.
  • themutineer
    Options
    I'm a Reiki master and I think highly of it, obviously. However, with heart complications I would adivse you to also see your doctor.

I think energy healing can have many positive advantages. I'm very interested in learning more about it.
    I am seeing my Primary Care Physician, a Hematolgist/Oncologist, and a Cardiologist. I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension, and I'm 22. Because I'm on a blood-thinner, I have to limit my intake of green tea as well as green leafy vegetables, both of which I am told are helpful in heart chakra healing... Do you have any suggestions on what else I might do to help balance my chakra? I'm told certain heart-opening postures in yoga can be helpful, as well as meditation.
  • jbutterflye
    Options

I think energy healing can have many positive advantages. I'm very interested in learning more about it.
    I am seeing my Primary Care Physician, a Hematolgist/Oncologist, and a Cardiologist. I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension, and I'm 22. Because I'm on a blood-thinner, I have to limit my intake of green tea as well as green leafy vegetables, both of which I am told are helpful in heart chakra healing... Do you have any suggestions on what else I might do to help balance my chakra? I'm told certain heart-opening postures in yoga can be helpful, as well as meditation.

I'm partial to this CD called Rhythm of the Chakras. It's great when used as a meditation, as it takes you through each chakra and plays music that focuses on the energy of each one. You can also use visualization techniques at the same time as you listen and also other times of the day. Picture GREEN energy around your heart. Wear green clothes, focus on love and loving feelings.

You may consider, and I'm just getting a hunch here, dealing with unresolved emotional issues/relationships in your personal life, focusing on forgiveness... not necessarily for their sake but for yours. I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken here and if it doesn't apply then please disregard.

I would also suggest looking at your local Meetup groups to see if there are Reiki healers in the area. Often they will give free healings. I used to do this both one on one and in a group. It's wonderful to have a group of healers working on you at once, very powerful.

http://www.amazon.com/Rhythms-Chakras-Glen-Velez/dp/B0000064AL
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i highly recommend it. i would run it by your doctor only so he is aware of all treatments you are using. i believe that anything you can do to open your chakras is healing. i'm very interested in that CD jbutterflye mentioned - i may have to get it! have used stones to aid in opening chakras before and can recommend green aventurine.
  • themutineer
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful ideas, everyone. I've found a Reiki healer, and am doing a guided meditation in the morning when I wake up and also before bedtime... wearing pink and green, and looking into picking up some rose quartz and aventurine mala beads.

I had a tough 2012 (emotionally) to say the least, and 2013 hasn't been off to such a great start with all these health problems, so you're not wrong about the unresolved emotional issues. Hopefully I can work through this, and at the very least replace some of my anxiety with peace.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Everything you can do to heal yourself, that you believe in, will help in some way. I believe Reiki can be extremely powerful in healing. And it sounds like you really trust the source. You are fortunate to have this opportunity to heal yourself. :flowerforyou: Best wishes!
  • themutineer
    Options
    Cliffs: My ex and I had an unhealthy relationship that began as long-distance, escalated to me moving out of state away from all my friends and family to be with him, and ended with me moving back home after attempting suicide. So yeah, glad to be out of that mess and living my life back home with those I love. I've learned a lot, grown a lot, and made a complete 180 since then, earning a great promotion at work and beginning yoga teacher training, something that's always been a big dream of mine. As stated in previous posts, I've recently had some serious heart issues and I was looking into heart chakra healing...

So, yesterday I picked up a rose quartz mala bead bracelet that I've been wearing ever since, and this morning my ex sent me an email basically thanking me for everything - impacting his life, making him a better person through the life lessons and growth that came out of all the bad and good in our relationship - and telling me there aren't any hard feelings on his end, that he wishes me the best, I'm a wonderful person etc. etc. etc.

What in the holy ****.
  • themutineer
    Options
    Should I respond? Ignore him? I don't know whether to take this as a chance to finally truly let go of whatever unresolved emotional attachments I still have, or if I just need to block this out and focus on all that I have going for me right now - because God knows I will probably always care about this person, but I do not under any circumstance want to put myself in any kind of relationship with him again.
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    Should I respond? Ignore him? I don't know whether to take this as a chance to finally truly let go of whatever unresolved emotional attachments I still have, or if I just need to block this out and focus on all that I have going for me right now - because God knows I will probably always care about this person, but I do not under any circumstance want to put myself in any kind of relationship with him again.

sounds like an opportunity for closure and forgiveness. :)
  • themutineer
    Options

I made a brief and gracious response - but it's begun to snowball into a long email conversation about how each of us is doing these days, which I'm not sure I'm comfortable with. It's not that it still hurts, but that I don't see any real reason for us to keep in touch. We live in separate states. It's difficult, because I would like to be friends - but it just feels like a bad idea to get involved with him again. He's being friendly and charming in his emails, and I don't know how to respond anymore, or whether I even should.
  • jbutterflye
    Options

I made a brief and gracious response - but it's begun to snowball into a long email conversation about how each of us is doing these days, which I'm not sure I'm comfortable with. It's not that it still hurts, but that I don't see any real reason for us to keep in touch. We live in separate states. It's difficult, because I would like to be friends - but it just feels like a bad idea to get involved with him again. He's being friendly and charming in his emails, and I don't know how to respond anymore, or whether I even should.

Closure and forgiveness doesn't mean hanging out or staying in touch, it just means closure and forgiveness. We can say goodbye in peace. It's not rude or unkind to say goodbye or to choose to no longer interact with someone.

Trust yourself to know what's right for you to do.