Dinner Ideas

MissNova
MissNova Posts: 563 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Good afternoon,

I have been off MFP for about two months. I just got back today with a new mindset. What really gets me is the way I eat. At times I am good but at times I eat like I have just lost my mind.

I need some help on some things that are easy to make for dinner. I want something healthy of course but filling.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Hi -

I enjoy pan seared fish: Tilapia, Salmon, Flounder, etc... These are great as frozen cuts (filet, no breading) and come packaged several 4 or 5 oz. portions per package. I thaw them in the MicWave for a minute or two and then defrost on counter for awhile. Then it's into a pan coated with PAM. 4 minutes on each side (about) and the fish are ready. Freezer to table 15 minutes top.
    During this prep time you could chop up a quick small salad, steam some carrots or asparagus, or whatever you like. Fish and veggies fill me up and put me around 220 calories for the meal (more with salad).

Lean cuts of Beef are also easy to prepare, filleted chicken breast pounded and herbed and broiled in the oven. Strip Beef fajitas with grilled onion, and every color of pepper you can find is also great, you can add some low fat refried beans and yogurt (or low fat sour cream). Making myself hungry...

I like this too. From another post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/88182-tuna-or-chicken-salad-lettuce-wraps

I think the best advice is to suggest that you have a meal plan set out in advance, after a week or so you will expand your shopping list and you will find that you have quick easy meals on hand that won't break the caloric bank. Also you'll have time left for you.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    I'm not the greatest with recipes, but I'm a great calorie counter. Add a baked potato to your dinner. Usually, they're about 100 calories, and are prett filling. I also really like egg whites, maybe you could use fat free mayo, and some hard boiled egg whites for a healthy egg salad.
    I dont know if any of that helps...but just some thoughts.
  • MissNova
    Hi -

I enjoy pan seared fish: Tilapia, Salmon, Flounder, etc... These are great as frozen cuts (filet, no breading) and come packaged several 4 or 5 oz. portions per package. I thaw them in the MicWave for a minute or two and then defrost on counter for awhile. Then it's into a pan coated with PAM. 4 minutes on each side (about) and the fish are ready. Freezer to table 15 minutes top.
    During this prep time you could chop up a quick small salad, steam some carrots or asparagus, or whatever you like. Fish and veggies fill me up and put me around 220 calories for the meal (more with salad).

Lean cuts of Beef are also easy to prepare, filleted chicken breast pounded and herbed and broiled in the oven. Strip Beef fajitas with grilled onion, and every color of pepper you can find is also great, you can add some low fat refried beans and yogurt (or low fat sour cream). Making myself hungry...

I like this too. From another post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/88182-tuna-or-chicken-salad-lettuce-wraps

I think the best advice is to suggest that you have a meal plan set out in advance, after a week or so you will expand your shopping list and you will find that you have quick easy meals on hand that won't break the caloric bank. Also you'll have time left for you.

Thanks for the information. I do not eat fish unfortunately but I will try all the other things you have provided. I have a filling the better I understand what works for me the easier it will be.
  • MissNova
    I'm not the greatest with recipes, but I'm a great calorie counter. Add a baked potato to your dinner. Usually, they're about 100 calories, and are prett filling. I also really like egg whites, maybe you could use fat free mayo, and some hard boiled egg whites for a healthy egg salad.
    I dont know if any of that helps...but just some thoughts.

I love potatoes so I will try to do that. Sounds like a great meal which is filling just with the potatoe itself. I like hard boiled eggs! Thanks.
  • My favorite healthy dinner right now is chicken teriyaki with peppers and asparagus or some other vegetable. Just cut up some chicken breasts, add a couple tablespoons of Kinkkomen teriyaki sauce (15 calories per Tablespoon I believe), stir fry that with your favorite vegetables and put it over brown or white rice-delicious and filling!

Another dinner that can be healthy and filling is pasta. Whole wheat is extremely filling but if you hate whole wheat pasta just cook a nest or two of angel hair, cook up vegetables and mushrooms in a half tablespoon of olive oil-maybe even sprink a tablespoon or two of parmesean on top, it's perfect! I'm finding it helps me to stay on track by having filling dinners but also ones that can be cooked quickly.

Another suggestion would be breakfast but for dinner-egg whites, turkey/veggie bacon, whole wheat toast-very low calorie and tasty.
  • MissNova
    My favorite healthy dinner right now is chicken teriyaki with peppers and asparagus or some other vegetable. Just cut up some chicken breasts, add a couple tablespoons of Kinkkomen teriyaki sauce (15 calories per Tablespoon I believe), stir fry that with your favorite vegetables and put it over brown or white rice-delicious and filling!

Another dinner that can be healthy and filling is pasta. Whole wheat is extremely filling but if you hate whole wheat pasta just cook a nest or two of angel hair, cook up vegetables and mushrooms in a half tablespoon of olive oil-maybe even sprink a tablespoon or two of parmesean on top, it's perfect! I'm finding it helps me to stay on track by having filling dinners but also ones that can be cooked quickly.

Another suggestion would be breakfast but for dinner-egg whites, turkey/veggie bacon, whole wheat toast-very low calorie and tasty.

Rice is my weakness so this is right up my alley. I would try all these suggestions out. I have heard about breakfast for dinner I might try that 2 or 3 days out the right to see if I notice a difference.
This discussion has been closed.