Beneficial Yes or No

Options
I'd like some input. We see lots of ads on TV about health, diet and exercise and how it’s moved from adults and now a focus on our kids and youth. My question is simple and I'd like input, I received a mini cycle for Valentine's Day, something I've wanted for a while, yes a not so typical gift, but it’s what I wanted. Before bring it to work, I got permission from the Boss to make sure this was acceptable to bring on the job. Does anyone see any harm in this being a CONTINUED thing going on while I'm sitting at my desk working? Does anyone think there are any PROS and CONS to such an ongoing daily thing?...

Replies

• jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, hopefully somewhat informed - Doing any type of physical activity is beneficial. But don't let something like this replace actual workouts where you get sweaty and out of breath. There is a qualitative difference in the 2 types of activities.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I don't see how this wouldn't be beneficial, but as the poster above said, don't let it replace "real" workouts.
  • Vanilla30
    Options
    ...thanks for the input, I didn’t have any plans on this being my only form of exercise, I actually like the workouts that require taking a shower afterwards, LOL...I really wanted opinions because I've heard that too much of a good thing isn’t good. I like it because it helps with the rheumatoid arthritis pain in my feet and ankles and doing it also allows me to do low to medium impact aerobic workouts.