Assumed water weight

Options
This isn't a question so much as a community query.

I weigh/measure every 19 days, so I'm not remotely giving up. But this water weight is driving me nuts. I know I'm getting healthier, I can see and feel it. I've lost inches, at least two at my waist. I am eating well and within reasonable calories. I have collar bones now! I have tons more energy. Doing cardio and weight lifting is totally paying off, I know that. But the scale isn't budging. I'm chugging water to try to flush it out but no luck.

I'm hoping that by the formal weigh in date it will have, but even if it hasn't it has to sometime (right?). Just frustrating.

Anyone else in/once in the same boat?

Replies

• LemonMint6
    Options
    Yes... I'm with you. I haven't lost anything since the beginning of the month, but work out 5-6 days a week, running/walking and weightlifting/elliptical. I posted a thread earlier, and the consensus was to be patient.

Patience is hard! :)

Someone mentioned that the addition of weightlifting can cause your muscles to store water with glycogen to repair.
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    If you know you are losing inches, I don't know why you would give a damn what a scale says.
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    In part human nature. :)

But in all seriousness I'm trying to get to a weight that will discourage the family diabetes. The research I keep doing keeps mentioning a BMI, not inches. I'm pulled to use something I can compare.