Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Hmm..I'm 23 and poor. Do I count?

Can you read?
    24+

That would explain why he's poor. I've heard that illiteracy rates directly influence poverty.

LMAO! Screw you guys. I'll be back in a year. :grumble:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Can you read?
    24+

That would explain why he's poor. I've heard that illiteracy rates directly influence poverty.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • whierd
    Options
    Now shall we discuss why you are all poor?
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6ae5ig3kf1qkmeljo1_500_zpse3584e16.gif

LOVE this!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Hookers and Blow
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    amazing how many poor people have the internet these days :D
  • wolfelements
    wolfelements Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Because my husband handles all the money and gives me none?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Can you read?
    24+

LMAO! Screw you guys. I'll be back in a year. :grumble:

Heck, if you gotta be poor, be poor and young. Being poor and old would suck.

Which reminds me of a joke - What do you call a 40 yo riding the bus? A failure.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    bridesmaids-meme-generator-help-me-i-m-poor-75e0af.jpg
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    amazing how many poor people have the internet these days :D

Damn right I do. I am a student and it's extremely important in getting my assignments done in a timely manner.

I also own a cell phone, which not only costs less than a landline, but allows my jobs and contacts to get ahold of me wherever I am (again, much more useful for a poor person than a landline.) It's also a nice touch-screen Android one, which keeps me updated on student loan information, bank account changes, and whatnot. Again, very useful ESPECIALLY for the poor.

I also have a tv and three gaming consoles that I bought with my tax returns. Why? Because I learned the hard way that attempting to buy things on credit is a bad idea - so I do the responsible thing and wait for a windfall and THEN buy my luxury items. Sometimes poor people do that - we own nice things because we did it the responsible way.

I have some nice clothes that I snagged at a thrift store. It's amazing what name brands you can get if you look for them.

I have the internet, a cell phone, tv, video game consoles, and some days, I look like I stepped out of a very expensive fashion line. Truth of the matter? I make about 12,000 a year. WITH my school loans.

People complain about the habits of the poor (OH NO, CELL PHONES! CIGARETTES! A CASE OF BEER A WEEK!) as if that 40 dollar a week expenditure were the only thing between them and a 401 K.

Puh-leese.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    The only time poor people spending money on smokes and booze bothers me is when they ***** about how ****ty their life is.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    The only time poor people spending money on smokes and booze bothers me is when they ***** about how ****ty their life is.

Yes, because all they have to do to lift themselves out of poverty is quit spending 100 a month on smokes. They'll be rolling in their newfound health insurance and full auto coverage in no time. /sarcasm
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Yes, because all they have to do to lift themselves out of poverty is quit spending 100 a month on smokes. They'll be rolling in their newfound health insurance and full auto coverage in no time. /sarcasm

/shrug I did it. It's called working 16 hours per day. Well, I take that back...I don't have health insurance, because health insurance is for dupes who don't realize a scam when it's staring them in the face.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    In to laugh at poor people... Just kidding I was abdolutely dirt poor for most of my life.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Nah it's tax season, I'm hood rich.
    I'm with ya there!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Funny thread turned serious.

This was fun while it lasted.

Peace.
  • whierd
    Options

I did it.
  • whierd
    Options

Peace.

Ugh, poor people are always leaving prematurely. That is why there are so many.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Peace.

Ugh, poor people are always leaving prematurely. That is why there are so many.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha...great mixture of ****ed up, funny and true.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

I did it.

100 dollars a month was the sole thing keeping you below the poverty line?