ladies...when tom says he's coming over..

Options
Oh my I'm having a huge issue with weird cravings..I have ketsup creep into my thoughts and fish sticks.which
I never eat them even before I began my weightloss quest. That was a childhood food.so strange..
what are some of your 'weird' cravings when your 'tom' is trying to begin,

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I don't know about weird, but I do get cravings. The usual suspects like sugar and salt. Milk - whole milk (I usually drink 2% or skim). Carbs - pastas, especially. And meat - heavy, red meat. Biologically, it all makes sense. When that hits, I usually indulge and don't worry too much about the calorie count. I just try to make sure that I'm eating more "real" foods than snacks and candy.
  • zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I crave everything I can get my hands on. I will admit that since starting mfp, I have SERIOUSLY dropped my daily intake. It wasn't unheard of to have 6,000 calorie days. Now if I feel like I'm going crazy, I'm usually around 3,000 after logging.
    Balancing salt and sweet seems to be the pattern here.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I get desperate for carbs, and less so sweets. Can't stop eating bread and anything stodgy. Argh!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I desperately crave chocolate. HOWEVER, I have learnt to substitute with dark chocolate now so I don't have to feel as guilty about it.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    anything sweet! and lots of it! ice cream the most! nom nom...I have started having sugar free jelly (or jello in us) 8 cals a serve cant go wrong!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered pretzels. I get sweet and salty together. Btw, that is dark chocolate, milk chocolate is a poor substitute, in my book.

And steak, but I justify it as needing the extra iron.

I am, relatively speaking, lucky. When my hormones are normal for me, I only get one day of cravings, then I am nauseous for a day or two. If, however, my hormones are out of whack, I am frumpy, bloated and starving until they get their act together, which can be up to a week. That is, my PMS always starts on time, even when Tom himself is late.
  • mary70
    mary70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I always get a craving for hot wings. As spicy as they can get!
  • lotusspark
    Options
    I don't know about weird, but I do get cravings. The usual suspects like sugar and salt. Milk - whole milk (I usually drink 2% or skim). Carbs - pastas, especially. And meat - heavy, red meat. Biologically, it all makes sense. When that hits, I usually indulge and don't worry too much about the calorie count. I just try to make sure that I'm eating more "real" foods than snacks and candy.

I just over did my chicken, go figure..:indifferent:
    Yes the sugars are a common trigger..I avoided them, not really even interested in those.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Chocolate covered pretzels. I get sweet and salty together. Btw, that is dark chocolate, milk chocolate is a poor substitute, in my book.

And steak, but I justify it as needing the extra iron.

I am, relatively speaking, lucky. When my hormones are normal for me, I only get one day of cravings, then I am nauseous for a day or two. If, however, my hormones are out of whack, I am frumpy, bloated and starving until they get their act together, which can be up to a week. That is, my PMS always starts on time, even when Tom himself is late.

oh how I love chocolate covered pretzels, that's my kryptonite. lol
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    TOM will be visiting me soon...I cannot stop eating!! I CAN'T STOP. I want everything. But, trying to make healthy choices rather than fatty snacks...so for my lunch break I will be going to Target and getting some Nature Valley bars. Not that they are THE best choice...but it's better than a KitKat bar or Doritos, right?? Hate it.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't crave much for sweets anymore, i'm alll about the salty and spicy foods.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    TOM will be visiting me soon...I cannot stop eating!! I CAN'T STOP. I want everything. But, trying to make healthy choices rather than fatty snacks...so for my lunch break I will be going to Target and getting some Nature Valley bars. Not that they are THE best choice...but it's better than a KitKat bar or Doritos, right?? Hate it.

get the protein bars... i love the peanut butter dark chocolate ones. the extra protein helps with wanting to eat everything in sight too
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    carbs carbs carbs and grease.

And can we all seriously say period, menses, or menstrual cycle? We're all grown ups.
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I want sour. Sour anything.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My TOM never tells me he is coming over but I know that it is close when I wanna eat everything in sight!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Carbs are all I crave upon arrival! It's so irritating!!! :grumble:
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bologna Sandwich on white bread, makes me feel like I am 7 all over again......
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Who's tom?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    If it's not tied down and I try to eat it, TOM is coming..
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Sweet, carby stuff...