I am new and looking for wt. loss buddies

Options
Hi I am new. I have been using my tread mill for over 1 month 60-80 min. 4-5 times per wk. and have not lost an ounce. Clearly i have been eating way over what I should be so I joined this group to help me track my habits, exercise and to learn new tips from those of you on the same journey. I am looking for friends who want to loose 60 pounds or so. I am 5'7" and 208..Yes a whopping 208 pounds...

Replies

• staying_hungry
    Options
    That is a lot of work for zero results. I'm glad you are sticking with it. Feel free to add me if you want to.
  • bmag1969
    bmag1969 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should do other things besides treadmill or try and go faster or longer each time? Maybe you could go on bike rides, do small weight training exercises, or yoga based workouts. Sometimes you need to switch it up to lose weight if the body gets too used to one thing.
  • alle7130
    alle7130 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been where you are and lost about 61 pounds in 2008-2009. Now I find I am slipping a bit and have gained back about 10 pounds. Looking for some help too to keep me on track.
  • cbaker41
    Options
    The basic principle of weight loss is burn more calories than you consume. You're body will adjust quickly to the same work out. If you are most comfortable on the treadmill, try switching it up. Intervals are great. Hills also work your larger leg muscles and will give you a high calorie burn. Feel free to add me.