What to do with those.....

Options
What do you do with all of those left over died easter eggs. I have 3 dozen in my fridge and besides making egg salad sandwich mix, deviled eggs and eat them hard boiled. What other ideas is their to do with them??:tongue:

Replies

• abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    What do you do with all of those left over died easter eggs. I have 3 dozen in my fridge and besides making egg salad sandwich mix, deviled eggs and eat them hard boiled. What other ideas is their to do with them??:tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    2 words, COBB SALAD yum
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i dunno about the eggs but i sometimes crush all the shells and put like colors in bowls and the kids glue them to paper to make mosiacs.... good craft project:laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Egg salad or deviled eggs for hubbz:happy:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I would definitely do egg salad! mmmmmmmmmmmm!
  • wildcatmom2u
    Options
    :happy: You can always donate them to the adult center lunch program.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    We make a potato salad and we also make deviled eggs and sandwiches.

You can use yogurt in your potato salad or even low fat mayo in them. Since it is mixed in with other flavors you don't even notice the difference.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Type "hard boiled egg recipe" into your browser and you'll find several recipes that USE the eggs once they are cooked, as well as several that tell you how to make them. There's one with tomatoes and swiss cheese that sounded good. I look at colored eggs this way, they cost almost nothing and served their purpose for the day. The day is over, toss them. If you feel like you have to eat them and not "waste" them, and they are high in fat and calories for even one egg, I'd toss most of the yolks and use the whites and put them on everything. You can tell I'm not a fan of hard boiled eggs. We did this when my daughter was younger but we limited it to only one dozen and we never do it anymore.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I put sliced boiled eggs on my salads, and mix them in with tuna salad, with chopped celery and chopped onion and low fat dressing.
  • elatoria
    elatoria Posts: 30
    Options
    I just rely on my hubby and 4 year old stepson to eat them. If they don't, then I say goodbye and toss them! I agree w/ catlover, they've served their purpose for the day!