Options
2»

Replies

• kabatoff
    Options
    I logged it in as circuit training general
  • cnewlin86
    Options
    I have been logging it as circuit training. Today I got a HRM and it was pretty close to what I was logging as circuit training. I actually worked harder than normal to see how many calories I could burn ;-) And I was pleased with the results.
  • emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use my fitbit, and it usually says I burn around 120 calories. I log it as strength training.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My sister had a HRM and she would burn 287 calories during it. I upped it to 300 because I'm heavier than she is. However, I've ordered a HRM and I should get it sometime this week, so I'm excited to see what I burn.
  • SangD
    SangD Posts: 7
    Options
    I use my HRM and it ranks between 230 - 330 depending on my intensity! :-)
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how hard you workout. I did circuit 1 yesterday and my HRM showed 160. I was sore today and didn't push myself as hard and it showed 139. Circuit training shows a slightly higher number.

A HRM monitor helps but the general idea (from Jilians website) is:

Multiply 3.267 x your weight and that is how many calories burned in an hour. I then divide by 3 since the warm up and cool down are considered exercise but not intense. When you divide by 3 you get the total calories (estimated) burned in one circuit.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I was curious to see how many calories MFP would show burned if I had used Circuit training for the same amount of time I used for my HRM and it was MFP showed 100 calories too many burned. I average about 230 per workout.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I was logging it as MFP's circuit training until last week when my HRM came and then found out MFP was giving me way too many calories. Also, after receiving my HRM I read on a thread that "curves circuit training seemed to be more accurate so I was curious and decided to try it and it gave me the same amount as my HRM. But, I definitely recommend an HRM!
  • terrib1980
    terrib1980 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 17 of the 30 Day Shred! I've been logging it as Circuit Training - General at 160 (I used the formula given earlier in this thread).

Please feel free to add me anyone! I could use more motivators and more people to motivate! :)
  • melissaho
    melissaho Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor and burn about 200 calories for each week work out. BTW I am 61" and 125 lbs.:smile:
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training general