Planks.

Options
Wat do planks do. Wat r the benefits of planking

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I believe they work the core, strengthen the abs but I am not sure how many, how long to do them. I think I am supposed to hold for a minute but how many?
  • dizzimamma
    Options
    Planks are awsome! I was very weak in my arms when i started doing them so i did 10 sec on 10 sec off for one minute 3 x during my work out. I am now up to 40 sec on 10 sec off 3x per workout. They Strength up ur arms sholders back tummy butt and legs. I dont know what is recommened but i recommend hearing what your body has to say so you dont hurt yourself.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Planks give you rockin' abs! I'm working on 4 minutes.
  • josiereside
    Options
    Is it better to do them on elbows or on hands. It actually seems harder for me to do on my hands...
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    And that's the point. Push-up planks, or planks on your hands, are a more difficult form to maintain. You can also do switch planks, where you raise yourself from elbows to hands, then lower yourself back down. Rinse and repeat. And then there are side planks, T-planks, the list goes on.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I HATE PLANKS!

But anyway, they strengthen your abs or whatever. They're really good for you, they're just really difficult!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    They are a core exercise and I always forget about doing them at home. I can do them on my hands the longest so I do elbows for 2mins+. In my Vinyasa yoga class we do high plank frequently.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    this-is-why-we-do-plank_zpsdb3dec90.jpg
  • josiereside
    Options
    And that's the point. Push-up planks, or planks on your hands, are a more difficult form to maintain. You can also do switch planks, where you raise yourself from elbows to hands, then lower yourself back down. Rinse and repeat. And then there are side planks, T-planks, the list goes on.

actually I meant to say it is harder for me to do on my elbows.... I have done the switch planks though. I am recovering from a bad case of tennis elbow so I think it is better for me to do on my elbows currently as the doctor has me in a wrist splint.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!! This is why I do planks, even though I hate them!!
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    They look so easy. I haven't tried them yet but if ppl can barely do em for 10secs I kno they're tough.

Thanks everyone!