What do you eat before and after a workout???

Options
2»

Replies

• Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    Protein shake before workout in the AM. Recovery drink (w/ BCAA's) during workout, Protein shake after workout 1 & half- 2 hour workouts.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Not eating before working out can cause you to pass out.

I eat eggd, toast, orange juice or a green naked juice an hr before I workout. After I workout it is lunch time do I eat lunch.

B.S. I've never come close to passing out.
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    Since I'm working out in the evening about 1-2 hours after dinner, I usually don't have anything beforehand. But afterwards I'll have usually a protein shake or a greek yogurt with some granola in it.
  • cori5770
    Options
    You should always eat a small protein and carb snack 30 minutes before a workout, I usually eat half an apple with peanut butter then after my workout I eat my lunch.
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I never eat before I workout. About an hour after I eat peanut butter on toast with a dash of cinnamon and a piece of fruit. I also heard that oatmeal with added fruit and raisins etc. is a good choice too. Im not an oatmeal fan...
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Not eating before working out can cause you to pass out.

I eat eggd, toast, orange juice or a green naked juice an hr before I workout. After I workout it is lunch time do I eat lunch.

B.S. I've never come close to passing out.

ITA, I often work out in the morning, roll out of bed, take dogs out for a toilet, come back, do a workout ( usually a Jillian Michaels one) then shower and ger ready to work. haven't passed out for as mentioned came even close !
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What kind of protein powder do you use?
    This is the first time I am posting so I hope I am doing this right......

About an hour before working out you should have both protein and carbs. Such as a cup of oatmeal and an egg white.

After working out you should also eat carbs and protein. A half of turkey sandwich, piece of chicken with veggies, chicken spinach salad with avocado.

If you like protein shakes you can try a 1/2 cup of fruit, cup of almond milk, ice, water and protein powder and blend it. This is something to try prior to working out. I hope this helps.

I have lost over 100 lbs and have kept it off for over 10 years. This has just seemed to work for me I hope it helps!! :)
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Coffee first, exercise on empty stomach,then water and eat if I am hungry. This works best for me but everyone is different. Some experts say eat some carbs before and after exercise.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yea, nobody does what I do.

Nothing beforehand. Hour in the gym, and the I have two cups of coffee. Maybe some toast.

Oh I do, coffee before, eat after.
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    I get up at 5am to workout, so I'm only running on toothpaste residue. I eat breakfast by 9am, generally eggs. Lots of eggs!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5am to workout, so I'm only running on toothpaste residue. I eat breakfast by 9am, generally eggs. Lots of eggs!

I just noticed your ticker and impressed by your loss! Congrats!

Sorry, I know that's not what this thread is about but had to comment about that. :smile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i train fasted so nothing...and then have my largest meal post work out...the two hour eating window post workout is when you should try to get most of your cals /carbs/protein...or so leangains says...