How Much Do You Think I'm Burning? O.o

Options
I know this sounds dumb but I think I might be underestimating how many calories I burn in my workouts. I am currently saving up for a HRM, but until then I'm just making estimates. I need some opinions please.

I do 40 mins of circuit training in the mornings and then about 30 mins of turbo sculpt in the evenings on workout days. My circuit training involves walking planks, plank jacks, squats and jumps (two variations), squats and punches (with small weights), static lunges with rows, pendulum lunges with weights and stair climbing. There are 2 circuits, each 7 mins long and I repeat each one twice. I do turbo sculpt with 8 lb weights and find it quite challenging. Do you guys think I burn at least up to 200 cals from both my morning and evening workouts combined? I'm just afraid MFP might be overstating my calories burned and so I'm very conservative with my estimates

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would guess that you are burning more than 200 cals each time. If you think your heart rate is up the entire time like jogging you should put it at the higher burn of cicuit training over strength training.
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I would guess that you are burning more than 200 cals each time. If you think your heart rate is up the entire time like jogging you should put it at the higher burn of cicuit training over strength training.

By the time I'm done with my morning workout my heart is pounding like crazy and I'm sweating a lot. Is that a sign of high calorie burn?
  • preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    never mind you already said you are saving up lol. You can try taking your heart rate manually and calculating :)
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    never mind you already said you are saving up lol. You can try taking your heart rate manually and calculating :)

This! You can take your HR manually during your workout (take it as often as you can for best results) and calculating manually.
    By the time I'm done with my morning workout my heart is pounding like crazy and I'm sweating a lot. Is that a sign of high calorie burn?

Sweating doesn't show a high calorie burn...
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options

This! You can take your HR manually during your workout (take it as often as you can for best results) and calculating manually.

Sweating doesn't show a high calorie burn...

Thanks I'll give this a try :)