Replies

• originalkazila
    Options
    Cheeseball is adorable!

Thanks! :D
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just spent $1500 on my Dudley cat after he tore his cruciate ligament. Everyone told me to put him down due to the costs but HE'S MY BABY!! He's my DP.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old Miniature Australian Shepherd named Mikey, :)

great name lol

i have 11 fur babys
    8 cats
    2 dogs
    1 ferret

i love them all but shhhhh i favor the cats more lol
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    man_zpse496a804.jpg

This is my gorgeous man, Elliott. He's a 7 year old Maine Coon I found in a friend's barn at 6 weeks old. Feral mother, but the best cat I could ask for. Absolutely love him!
  • colourfulchaos
    colourfulchaos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fur babies :heart:

I have four Chihuahua mixes: Layla, Bella, Luca and Periwinkle. And Buster, a German Shepard/Lab mix that I took off my mom's hands when she moved. Sweetest dog
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have two Pembroke Welsh Corgis, Flash (7 yrs) and Volt (2 yrs). They're the greatest at talking and snuggling. We compete at dog agility together. There are lots of pictures on my profile of them.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    We have two dogs - Ginger, the lab mix in my profile picture. She's almost a year old and we got her from the Humane Society. She weighs around 45 lbs and thinks she's a lap dog. We also have a 12-year old dauchsaund (spelling?) named Baguera (after the panther in The Jungle Book). We took her over from my mother-in-law. Finally, we have a Maine Coon cat that is 20 year old!!!! (That's more than 100 for humans) Her name is Calpurnia. We love our furry family members very much!
  • navywendy00
    Options
    I just spent $1500 on my Dudley cat after he tore his cruciate ligament. Everyone told me to put him down due to the costs but HE'S MY BABY!! He's my DP.

I can't believe that people just throw animals away like that. I would do the same in your position, they are my kids!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well...since you insist...Jesse. She is half English Pointer and half Lab. She is my office partner and loves my wife. Great pal, watchdog, playful, smart, and all the things you would want in a dog. She ain't perfect, but we love her. We have been married (not to the dog) for 33 years and this is our 4th dog. All have been unique and have lived long lives.

When we went to the animal shelter, to our surprise...she picked us out.
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    My golden retriever Ginger in the picture is 9 years old..She's very big for a female..95 pounds. She follows me around the house constantly..I never got pet owners until I got my own..
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My baby is a 3 year old adorable boxer named Guinness I love him as if he is one of my kids and it drives hubby crazy but I do not care.
    Lost my other baby on Valentines day she was a beagle named Patches and was 14 years old so I understand it was her time to go and she did go naturally (was not put to sleep) and my parents were with her when she went so it does make me feel better since I couldn't be with her. I am just sad that my daughter (she is 2 months) didn't get to meet her.
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I love this thread :love:
    I have two of my own furbabies-Layla is a pug/shephard/beagle/heinz 57 mix, but she is the best thing EVER. I got her when I first moved out on my move, was totally not responsible enough for a dog and somehow, I still have her 3 years later.
    She had parvo when I got her and started showing symptoms a day after I brought her home. Scariest thing I've ever experienced. The emergency vet said to put her down, but I said hell no. And she's a happy healthy babe now :happy:
    And then I got her a best friend cause I felt bad about working and leaving her alone a lot. I adopted Beatrix the beagle from the humane society and they just adore each other. It's cute. They beat the crap out of each other, but then they cuddle together on their couch.
    OH and then I moved in with my boyfriend who has two cats. Never had one before. The one (Ollie) is fatter than my beagle, so she's terrified of him. And the other one (Stella) is just your standard black cat. But they're sweet.
    Sorry, I rambled. I see fur babies and I get excited!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options

I can't believe that people just throw animals away like that. I would do the same in your position, they are my kids!

Agreed! I was ready to spend every dollar I had when I found a lump on my boy's back. Whatever it took. I'm so glad you saved your baby!! =]
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just got a kitten back in December, he is about 5 months old right now and he's a purebred ragdoll. I named him Zophiel and I love him very much. He is a brat sometimes, but most of the time very cuddly and sweet. I've been waiting my whole life to get a cat and he means the world to me even if its only been a couple months. Here is a pic:

ceGQn7v.jpg

I also have had a teddy bear hamster for a year and shes a real shy cutie. I can't decide on her name between pumpkin or scout :laugh:
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have a a 5 year old weinie/yorkie mix and she is a pain but I love her. Her name is Sophie and she is a loud spoiled brat! :) I have a 3 year old cat named Charlie, after the unicorn (candy mountain). Lol! He is my baby and I spoil the crap out of him.. Sophie likes my husband more. :noway: Then I have a 8 year old cat and his name is Jinxes.
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Agreed! I was ready to spend every dollar I had when I found a lump on my boy's back. Whatever it took. I'm so glad you saved your baby!! =]

Awh, I did the same when my puppy had parvo. They said it was too expensive to treat I shouldn't bother. What kind of veterinary advice is that?! I left that place and took her somewhere that was happy to help and made her all better :] Yay for happy endings!!
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just got a kitten back in December, he is about 5 months old right now and he's a purebred ragdoll. I named him Zophiel and I love him very much. He is a brat sometimes, but most of the time very cuddly and sweet. I've been waiting my whole life to get a cat and he means the world to me even if its only been a couple months. Here is a pic:

ceGQn7v.jpg

I also have had a teddy bear hamster for a year and shes a real shy cutie. I can't decide on her name between pumpkin or scout :laugh:

OMG! His eyes are so pretty!
  • RunningMannn
    Options

I spent $1300 on my dog when she tore her cruciate ligament 4 years ago. Didn't think twice about it. She's not jumping up in the Suv of late..I have to lift her up..She still jumps up on her single bed and the couch..Suv is a little higher. But if she ends up showing signs of hip dysplasia down the road..Will have that surgery for sure if she's healthy enough..
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have two blue merle shelties. Silver ( who is laying on my head) and Winston. Also have two cats Harry and Razzie
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My two kitties!

0207014038_zpscf50d7a5.jpg

2010-12-29123459_zpsabfb9e17.jpg

Mariko Fae
    and
    Spinmaster DJ Meowmix

IMAG0056_zps22705ca0.jpg

IMAG0133_zpsaf4c1a3b.jpg

He sleeps alot. lol

MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!
    I want to cuddle them and rub my face all over their bellies!