If I am eating low carb and staying within my calories ...

Options
l3long
l3long Posts: 153 Member
... does it matter if my fats are high? I am eating things like eggs and sardines, lots of fresh and cooked veggies. I am staying within my 1200 calories unless I workout and then I eat most of my calories back so does it matter if my fats is higher than MFP recommends? I feel so much better cutting back on carbs but I refuse to start throwing out my egg yolks. I believe whole foods are best.

Replies

• NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You should have as much of good fats as you can. Unsaturated fat is good for you and raises your HDL cholesterol. Fats from nuts, avocados, fish are good for your health, and as long as you mind your calories these foods will only help your goal.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    You should have as much of good fats as you can. Unsaturated fat is good for you and raises your HDL cholesterol. Fats from nuts, avocados, fish are good for your health, and as long as you mind your calories these foods will only help your goal.

^^I agree with this^^ As long as you're not going over your calories, don't worry about the amount of unsaturated fats.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you are eating low carb, then by default, your fats and proteins will *have* to be higher. There's only three main nutrients: protein, fats, and carbs.
  • l3long
    Options
    If you are eating low carb, then by default, your fats and proteins will *have* to be higher. There's only three main nutrients: protein, fats, and carbs.

I know but the Insanity group promotes a calorie breakdown of 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fats for maximum fat burning. I am probably running closer to 40:23:35
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options

I know but the Insanity group promotes a calorie breakdown of 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fats for maximum fat burning. I am probably running closer to 40:23:35
    There's are plenty of people that do 30/5/65 for keto and they're fine. Don't worry about it.
  • l3long
    Options
    Good to know. I would be a bear if I was down that low in carbs though :-/