freaking out - talk me down

I ate back my exercise calories today, minus 100.

Tomorrow the scale is going to blow up, right?

This is not the beginning of the end of my lifestyle change, right? I'm not off the horse. I'm helping the horse go farther with more fuel. RIGHT?

ACK!!!

Replies

• MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    You need to fuel your body - eating back your exercise calories is the way MFP is designed. Also, it's very unlikely that one day of eating over your calorie goal will make the scale "blow up". If you're really worried about it, don't weigh yourself until next week.
    You are in control of your eating and your body - not the other way around.
    OK?
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    ok. :breathe:

I just haven't eaten that many calories in 6 weeks. It's a little frightening.
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member

This is not the beginning of the end of my lifestyle change, right? I'm not off the horse. I'm helping the horse go farther with more fuel. RIGHT?

ACK!!!

You used the right word: fuel. If you fuel your body with good food (i.e. not junk), eating back your calories will not cause anything to blow up. If you are hungry, fuel up. If not, relax, and enjoy your new body. :)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member

ACK!!!

Tomorrow the scale isn't going to blow up. You're not off the horse. You're giving your body the fuel it needs, and you're not being ruled by some random number on some scale anymore like you've been conditioned to.

You're in control, and you got this.