Fitbit and MFP.. Help please

Options
I just bought a fitbit and am starting to sync it with MFP. When going by calorie intake should I go with MFP says or what FitBit says? According to MFP I have 56 cals remaining, but on FitBit it shows I went of 555 cals.. I only ate back my exercise cals.. From reading here I assumed thats what I'm supposed to do.. Advice and Comments..

Replies

• Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Generally you should eat back your excercise calories. If Fitbit doesn't take excercise into account when calculating your calorie intake you should input into MFP manualy and go by what MFP says. I know... that's not why you got a Fitbit.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Do I need to log my exercise with both myfitnesspal and fitbit? It zeroed out my exercise for today so now it shows negative calories meh, but I also just got the device like and hour ago so it technically wasn't worn when I did my workout
  • Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Log your food in MFP and any exercise that is not stride related like cycling, swimming,etc. Fitbit will send across your physical activity levels related to walking and running or zumba(?).