Yoga injury help

Options
I know a lot of people on here do yoga and I could really use some good advice. I have been doing Bikram Yoga for a few weeks now. I am very flexible and I have been doing yoga off and on for years. After a class on Thursday I started to have some pain in my right sitting bone area.It never hurt during the class, only after. I figured maybe I was just a little sore so I went back the next day again, hoping to stretch it out. I tried to not push it; no pain on the area, but I am even more sore now, it's actually kind of painful and not just sore. I looked up stuff online about it and it seems like I may have strained or torn the top area of my hamstring. Have any of you had this issue and what did you do about it? I am not going to give up yoga. It's the only thing keeping me sane some days. Do you have suggestions on modifications to do or other things that may help? Anything would be awesome!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    If you think it's a torn or strained hamstring (it could be something else), see a doctor! By trying to ignore it and continuing yoga you may be doing yourself more harm than good.