How to log Suicides

Options
I've been doing "suicides" at the gym lately. They give me a great "achievement" feeling and they kick my butt...however...not sure how to log them. I'm sprinting the entire time however its not an entire mile. Not sure how to log it under my exercise.

Any suggestion would be great,

Replies

• ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What is a 'suicide' exercise?
  • chelsinicole
    Options
    I would put it as jogging but cut off a few minutes on the time, since you stop a couple seconds each suicide.
  • CinthyNair
    CinthyNair Posts: 261
    Options
    What is a 'suicide' exercise?

Yea, curious. Sounds scary :noway:
  • iamalexa
    iamalexa Posts: 53
    Options
    I would put it as jogging but cut off a few minutes on the time, since you stop a couple seconds each suicide.

Why would you put it as jogging, suicides are generally sprints...? Maybe you could use a tredmil to see approx. how fast your sprint is and log it as running at that pace. Then when you are actually running them, time it and yes like previously said take some time off them for stopping, breaks, ect. ....Thats what I would do!
  • KoriBarry
    KoriBarry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That makes sense. I'm definitely giving it my all when I'm sprinting. Much different from when I'm jogging a few miles.

As for the questions about "what is a suicide"

Basically the easiest way to explain it is...

Think of what a basketball court looks like. There is the end line (which you start at,) then the foul line, then the half court line, then the other foul line, then the other end line. Basically what is done is you sprint to the 1st foul line then back to the end line. Then without stopping sprint to the half court line then back to the end line. The without stopping sprint to the other foul line then back to the end line. Then without stopping sprint to the opposite end line then back to the starting end line. Basically you're dividing the court into a ladder. Going up, to go back down. They're brutal!!! Do a few sets and you'll know what I'm talking about.

To up the anti a little try adding other lines on the court as other "steps on the ladder."

I also like to add in a few crunches, push ups, anything really in between sets.