Suspected Weight Gain due to Medication

Options
Hello All! Finally after 6 months I am seeing my psychiatrist again. Sadly, after the new perscription she had given me (6 months ago) I had gained 10 pounds. Currently I am also seeing a personal trainer (weekly) and a nutritionist. I was wondering if I should bring up the weight gain the psychiatrist and ask for a medicine change. I've been plateud for 3 months now unable to experience more than a 2 pound shift it weight (other than the occasional sodium bloat). I am taking antidepressants and would love to know your opinions. I'm not 100% possitive it is the medication but a 10 pound weight gain really isn't normal (nothing has drastically changed in any way......

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your routine.

Make sure you are eating enough, consuming enough protein, fiber, fat and water. Also, ensure you are properly weighing and measuring everything you track and ensure you are tracking everything you eat and drink.

A medication will not make you put on fat... it may make you retain water... it may make you feel hungrier causing you to eat more and than gain.