Don't Be Afraid!!!!!

Options
I say this looking back on my life and where I am today! I was a natural born athlete who played sports all my life. Basketball was my passion but I also played volleyball, softball and ran track growing up. I went to college on a basketball scholarship. When it was over and I wasn't lifting weights and running 3-4 hours a day 5 days a week, I gained! And I gained BIG!!!! I let myself go. I have no other excuse, I just let myself go.

Fast forward several years! I found myself at 311 lbs. I lost 80.........got pregnant, gained a lot of it back over time. When I joined MFP, I was at around 296. I am now 30 lbs lighter and working on it! I work an hour away from home. So, Im gone 12-14 hours a day depending on what is going on. I decided to join the YMCA here in town. Decided to go for Zumba tonight altho I dance about as well Milli Vanilli sang! I was scared, intimidated.......I knew I would make an *kitten* of myself! I don't know why I thought this! I grew up working out and being strong! Anyway, altho I had reservations, I went and I had a freaking BLAST!!! I wasn't the most fit in the class but I would also venture to say that prob 60% of the class weren't moving like I was!!! I didn't get ALL the moves tonight..........but neither did a LOT of other people! It was FUN and I was out of breath and we were all laughing. When I messed a move up, I also noticed that the people beside me did too! In front and behind were as lost as I was! But we shook our stuff and we had fun!

My point here is don't be afraid!!!!! GO to that class and give it a whirl! GO to lift and just try it! There are so many things we can do for ourselves and each other!! Don't ever think you won't be good enough for something!!! GOOOOOOOO and try it out!