First Triathlon!

evilras
evilras Posts: 42
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Wow! I've been so impressed with my current MFP weightloss, that i've signed up for the following:

5 x 5k training runs in manchester arranged by bupa.
Bupa Great Manchester 10k run
City of Manchester 10k run

And my first triathlons!
Nantwich (500m/20km/5km)
Derby (400m/18km/5km)

Both triathlons are in september, a mere week apart! So started training tonight!

Honestly, thank you so much to everyone on here! Without this site and the people who frequent it, i wouldn't have thought it possible to do this! But having reached the halfway point on my weight loss, i've got the confidence to take this forward!

Remember, you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to!

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    I'm signing up for a baby tri this July. Last summer you would never have convinced me I'd be in public with a bathing suit on - let alone doing something athletic! GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Thats awesome! I've found a website www.beginnertriathlete.com that has a great forum! Not joined it, but am reading into techniques for the training! Brick training is a killer at first!

Good luck Stahl, and well done on the weight loss! Thats fantastic! Keep it up!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Awesome! I did a two sprint triathlons a couple summers back and used beginnertriathlete.com to help. The forums are great. I never thought I would be able to finish the triathlons, but I surprised myself! Luckily, I had a friend training with me who is a swimming instructor. That helped a LOT.
This discussion has been closed.