How much water do you drink?

Options
2»

Replies

• RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I go through 6-8 liters per day. I love water though so I probably drink a lot more than most people.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm drinking about 80-100 ounces, in the summer I drink a good deal more. I used to work towards a number goal, I don't bother any more I just go on how I feel and the colour of my urine.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I typically get about 3/4 of a gallon (or about 96 ounces) not including my coffee, hot tea or occasional diet coke....I have noticed that my skin is soooo much clearer and not dry & itchy since I started drinking more....and I also feel like I stay fuller longer when I am hydrated to the max! :drinker:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I drink as much water as I want. I keep myself hydrated especially when I'm working out.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    This week I'm aiming for my 750 water bottle x 3 every day.

Since the weekend I've been bang on.

Every time I have a deep tissue massage my therapist tells me I have water retention in my legs so I'm drinking more to try to fix this - and reduce cellulite.
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Half a liter in the morning when I first get up.
    One liter during the morning.
    One liter during the afternoon.
    Half a liter with supper.
    Half a liter until 8pm when I workout.
    Try to drink a liter during workout.
    And no more after that or I'll be waking in the middle of the night!
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from a 3/4 gallon to a gallon a day. :drinker:
  • RYFBAR
    RYFBAR Posts: 45
    Options
    I just drink and drink and drink that stuff. Am a recovering Dr Pepper addict, so it helped me alot to drink my water through a straw, fountain drinks were my fave~ the straw also cuts down how much I'm smoking, gonna be quitting that soon too.
    Got me a nifty little 24 oz cup that I fill up over and over, we have great water at my house too, whole house water softener yum! Yes, the water is actually yum :happy:
    So, I usually get between 12 and 15 'glasses' a day, my cup holds 3 at a time :drinker:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm in the count FLUID not WATER camp. I drink about 100 to 150 ounces of fluid daily depending on my thirst and activity level. About half of that is just straight up water.. and the rest is green tea, milk, coffee, protein shakes, or the occasional sugar free fruity drink like crystal light.. or VERY occasionally a diet soda. I don't believe that the source of your water has any effect on your hydration. Even coffee is hydrating (yes it is a mild diuretic, but it does not deplete nearly as much as the water used to make it, therefore you are getting net hydration from it... they only way coffee can dehydrate the average human is if you are just chomping on the grounds and not mixing it with water)
  • PandaPudges
    Options
    2 liters for me! I have a 2 liter water bottle (that had regular ol' 'bottled water' in it) and I keep it with me at all times (or a smaller one for in my purse). It's empty before I got to bed and I fill it up before I sleep and do it all over again the next day! That is, of course, excluding all other liquids in my day (mainly jasmine tea).
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I don't track water. I drink when I'm thirsty or obviously need fluids. I don't see the point in tracking something like this.
  • lmsorrell1
    lmsorrell1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to be a terrible water drinker. I think water is boring. A couple of months ago I read a couple of articles that were posted in another MFP forum about water and became a complete water convert. I drink at least 8 to 10 a day. I think my skin is smoother and I can definitely tell the difference in how I feel.

Here they are if you are interested.

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/weight-loss/does-water-affect-weight

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/health/water-plus-oxygen-equals-weight-loss

24758430.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    A sh*tload? Which I am sure isn't the answer you were looking for, LOL...I do roughly 6 twenty-four ounce Tervis tumblers per day. Four at my desk and another two at home. If math is correct, just over a gallon a day. :)
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    on most days i get 12 cups but every now and then i get 16 cups. I loose about 2 pounds per week., :)
  • france64
    france64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just a thought for those who hate the taste of water (and don't mind the taste of stevia *Ü* ) there's Sweet Leaf drops that you can add to your water and it makes it taste like different things, even Root Beer
    http://www.sweetleaf.com/products/sweet-drops-products
    here's a list of all their flavours/flavors ;)
    Coconut • Watermelon • Cola • Lemon Drop • Valencia Orange • Berry
    Chocolate Raspberry • English Toffee • Vanilla Crème • Hazelnut • Peppermint • Root Beer
    Grape • Apricot Nectar • Chocolate • Cinnamon

You could even blend, for instance Raspberry/Chocolate, or Hazelnut/Toffee :)

I only tried the berry one so far, and use it at about half the concentration they suggest, but when drinking A LOT of water, this helps get the last few glasses in on days where I don't quite reach my goal :)

A bit of lemon juice also gives a different taste to the water....

(not affiliated with sweet leaf at all, just think every little bit of joy we can add when we have to drink tons of water helps ;) )
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's simply a myth. We don't need that much PLAIN WATER every day.

The common belief that people should drink eight glasses or two litres of water a day is a 'myth' that needs debunking, a Melbourne academic says.

The new Australian recommendations suggest that an adequate daily fluid intake is about 2.8 litres for women and 3.4 litres for men.

However, this includes fluid found in food and beverages.

La Trobe University lecturer Spero Tsindos said that people could get their daily fluid intake from fruit, vegetables, juices and even tea and coffee.

"If you're feeling thirsty then drink by all means a beverage. It doesn't have to be water", Tsindos was quoted as writing in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health.

"I'm not saying you shouldn't drink water. I'm saying the need to drink two litres of water on a regular basis is a complete myth."

"We should be telling people that beverages like tea and coffee contribute to a person's fluid needs and despite their caffeine content, do not lead to dehydration", Tsindos said.

He said that drinking a large quantity of water in one sitting to reach the daily intake level was pointless because it would not be distributed where it was needed. It would just dilute the urine.

Drinking large amounts of water to lose weight would not work either without a low-calorie diet, he emphasised.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    However much it takes to keep my pee colorless for a majority of the day.
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 80 ounces a day. (on the weekends I am not very good on my water intake though, trying to change that! )
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I always drink a bottle of water every time I eat something, and I eat about 4-5 times a day, so about 64 - 80 oz.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Around about a gallon/4 litres, sometimes more. That's not me forcing it or anything, its just what I naturally consume during the work day with my 750ml bottle on my desk and frequent refills