I need to rant

Options
2»

Replies

• namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Take a good long break from the scale - keep doing everything right - and don't stress the numbers. As long as you are feeling good and moving towards better health the numbers are meaningless. I got nowhere in my losses when I stressed over the number on the scale.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?

I. Freaking. Love. This.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Be patient with your body! I have to try very hard to be patient with mine. It's finicky, it fights to hold onto it's fat, and it gets very mad very fast if I try to force it to drop the weight! It was made a little harder when I had people telling me that 'Oh you've been on here six months, you should have dropped at least 60 pounds by now, easily! You should just cut down to 1200 calories and exercise until you drop and force your body to drop that weight!' Well. No. Sorry, I don't work like you think I should.

I've been trying different things for a while now, but I think I've finally hit on something that works for me. I eat 2k calories a day, exercise when I can, and try to eat at least half my calories before I get home at night. I don't eat back any exercise calories. After a couple weeks of this? The flip flopping on the scale is slowly going away and I'm starting to see a steady decline.

Just keep experimenting with what you are doing, but give each experiment time to work, like a few weeks. Play with your calorie levels, your macro levels, do research on the boards, there's a ton of information in here. Learn for yourself what works for your body, be patient with yourself, and overall, don't rush this! You can keep choosing to be healthy, and choosing to lose some here and some there, and slowly improve yourself, or hurry into it, get frustrated, quit, and continue as you are. At the end of a year which course of action do you think is going to leave you looking and feeling better?
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the advice and motivation!! Your support gives me strength to keep on trucking. I try to keep myself motivated, but sometimes it's hard...especially since I don't always have hight self esteem so I usually end up putting myself down. You guys are great!! :happy: