How do you measure calories burned with exercise?

dkshell
dkshell Posts: 10 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been doing the Robert Ferguson's 12 minute Fat Burner DVD, and will so be moving on to the Muscle Maker workout. Does anyone know who to find out what the calories burned are for a particular program? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    not sure on that, but if u get a HRM (heart rate monitor) it will tell you how many calories you burn with whatever exercise you are doing,. Be sure and get one with a chest strap tho for more accurate #'s. you can get them at any sports store.
  • dkshell
    dkshell Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you so much for help, I'm new at this ( Losing weight the correct way that is) with fad dieting. I'll start checking my heart rate. Thanks again diamonangel.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Thank you so much for help, I'm new at this ( Losing weight the correct way that is) with fad dieting. I'll start checking my heart rate. Thanks again diamonangel.

Just checking your heart rate won't help you figure out your calories burned. I think she means to get a heart rate monitor that will calculate what you are burning while you are working out for you.
This discussion has been closed.