isopure??? isagenix??? shakeology???

Options
there are just way too many supplements and opinions out there...

anyone ever heard of isopure or isagenix? shakeology??? different companies and products.

but, i was just wondering what people thought about these supplements?

Replies

• osmom3kids
    Options
    Never used isopure or isagenix but I did use Shakeology for a month last Nov. It tasted ok and did help me lower my overall calorie count for the day but it was not a miracle worker for me (and it is really expensive). I felt better and had better results eating real whole foods than using a shake.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I look for whey protein isolate, no added sugar, no aspartame.. As long as the powder meets these criteria then I know they'll do the job that I need them to do, the rest is just about taste and mixability. Isopure mixes pretty well, but sometimes tastes gritty and it tastes weirdly salty to me... My favorite is Jay Robb. It is sweetened with stevia and it dissolves amazingly well... Of course Jay Robb is mad crazy expensive but very tasty and convenient to mix without a shaker bottle or blender.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have heard of isagenix and shakeology. Over-priced snake oil, IMO. I buy an inexpensive soy protein shake and use that only occasionally, because I do pretty well at getting my nutrition from regular food and a multivitamin. Quest Bar makes some wonderful protein bars without a ton of strange ingredients in them, too.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology. It's not supposed to be a miracle worker. It just has more nutrition than anything else on the market. Have you researched it? Its amazing. I have been drinking it for 3+ years.
  • a_masone
    a_masone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A friend got me to order Isagenix shakes. I love them & think they are great as a meal replacement when I'm running late in the morning or don't have anything to pack for lunch, but they are expensive. I am using them to kickstart my gym/health routine for the last time & will probably not order them again once they are gone. But since I am only using them once a day, they will probably last me a few months before I'm out. Once they are gone, I am confident the rest of my diet will be healthy enough so that I can simply rely on healthy choices instead of spending a crazy amount on supplements (the Isagenix shakes I ordered were around $170!). That being said, I will probably still stick to my 100% gold standard whey protein for after the gym to get more protein in & fuel my muscles (much cheaper than meal replacement shakes & most likely more effective)! Good luck!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    If I needed to eat a meal on the go, I'd much rather spend $1.50 on a protein bar than a bunch of money on overpriced shakes.
  • amsesoanem
    Options
    I've used a few other also. But ever since I tried Isagenix I've seen a real difference! Yes it's pricier, but it's like comparing a Jag to a Kia, one is top of the line and the other just gets the job done. But you have to keep in mind with the over the counter proteins, you have to assume you're getting whats on the label. With Isagenix is a guarantee it's good for your body that even younger people can take it. Thats a huge difference! If it shouldn't go into a youths body it should go into yours. That's my opinion, people don't really seem to care about what they put in their bodies anyway until they get some preventable disease. I would do my homework, take your time and compare ingredients. I did!
  • vegkitten
    vegkitten Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My mother did Isagenix because she was having a hard time sticking to regular dieting after she had my brother and hadn't lost the baby weight for going on about four years. She dropped about 35 pounds in three months. She swore by it then, but has since changed her stance of it and said it was really unhealthy. She's now a pescatarin with very little dairy/egg and has been keeping the weight off for 7 years that way no problem.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I look for whey protein isolate, no added sugar, no aspartame.. As long as the powder meets these criteria then I know they'll do the job that I need them to do, the rest is just about taste and mixability. Isopure mixes pretty well, but sometimes tastes gritty and it tastes weirdly salty to me... My favorite is Jay Robb. It is sweetened with stevia and it dissolves amazingly well... Of course Jay Robb is mad crazy expensive but very tasty and convenient to mix without a shaker bottle or blender.

Most are actually a isolate/concentrate blend. You'll pay that much more for a full isolate, and all it does is allow you to digest it faster (and perhaps absorb a fraction of a gram more).

But i do like that you point out that aside from taste, they are all essentially the same. suppliments are just another way of getting nutrition. in other words, its food, and you shouldn't expect anything from it that you wouldn't expect from eating food.

To that end, i'd recommend that you simply get the cheapest protien that you can stomach. I'm assuming protien is what you want (which eliminates shakeology because its not really a protien suppliment). One big differnce between brands is how many grams of protien are in a serving. So in order to really do a price comparison, you'd want to multiply the number of grams of protien per serving by the number of servings in the container. Divide that by the cost and you will know the price per gram of protien.
  • robert5891
    Options
    All 3 are basically the same thing...SUPPLEMENTS! They are there to supplement or fill in any of the gaps that you cannot meet through your normal daily diet that should be comprised of mostly nutrient dense whole foods. They all can claim to contain "superfoods" etc, but they are still all processed and won't do anything magical if the rest of your diet isn't in line. I've used shakeology before and while it tastes good, there is nothing special about it. Get a decent quality protein powder (one not spiked with amino acids) and build a smoothie with whatever you like as add-ins. It'll be much tastier, cheaper, and higher quality than anything you can pay for in an over-priced, packaged bottle or bag.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Isopure is just a quality protein powder, don't lump it in with the pyramid scheme products.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    lol, Isopure is the only one on the list i've used.

bought it when i wanted all isolate for a post workout concoction i created.

never heard of isagenix
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I use Isagenix. I am down 57 lbs. since mid February. The ingredients are all natural, no fillers, preservatives or dyes. They have the purest source of protein you can get, and have a patented cold process that keeps the branch chain amino acids in tact. I love love love these products.

If I wasn't trying to sell something, I don't think I would be talking about a patented process or the purest source of protein you can get. I'll stick to my bacon.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    If you can't get enough protein in a day by just eating sources of protien, then a regular Wal-Mart brand would be fine to help you reach your protein goal.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    no, no, aaaaaaand, no.