Power Flex - Strengh Training class - help

gabyp0716
gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello,

So I don't have a HRM, and until next payday I wont be able to purchase one. Does anyone know how many calories you can burn on a 60 minute weight lifting class. I take this at Ballys, its a weighted barbell workout. Non-stop lifting for 60 minutes. I used the new exercite app on the site. But it seems that you would burn more than only 230 (what it said) during a class like this.

Has anyone taken a similar class that could help me with the calories burn until I purchase a HRM in the near future. I'm planning to take this class 2 or 3 days a week, so I wanna be able to track it right.

Thank sooooo much!~
Gaby

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Was it a circuit training workout (meaning that you only rested very briefly, if at all, between different exercises)? If you kept your heart rate up and didn't rest a lot (more than 20-30 seconds) between sets, I would try logging it as that.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Thanks soo much, that totally help. Yes, that's what I'm going to use and def looks better.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    While not exact, maybe try and find someone else that's close to size, weight and age (and who has a HRM)
    and see what they burn?

Doug
This discussion has been closed.