Hunger Control Help

Options
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on hunger control that they would like to share with me? I sometimes have those days where I am constantly hungry and nothing will satisfy my hunger. Like, what do you do about it and what foods do you eat to help keep it under control?

Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    I find a combination of protein and fibre helpful on hungry days. For example a boiled egg with an apple.

I also try to restrict simple carbs, as this makes blood glucose yoyo, which leads to sugar cravings a few hours later.

Good luck with this.
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat. :)

Seriously. I eat small, healthy meals and snacks and when I'm hungry it's time to go get some more. I'm now at the point where my fiance won't go anywhere with me unless I've packed a snack in my purse because I get so hungry we have to stop for food.

Are you tracking calories in vs calories out, and making sure you are eating enough?
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those today. I've eaten my little salad snack, my lunchtime soup and all my fruit.
    The vending machine is calling now and I'm trying to ignore it!!
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always have water with me. Take a LARGE drink of water. If I am at work (and there is always food around) I will take the drink of water and get out of my office and just walk. It will help divert my attention and get me away from the food.

On a side note, if it is a constant thing at a certain time of the day, maybe change your meal spacing out to help with that. I try to eat every 2-3 hours, not because I am the type of person who believes that is necessary, but b/c it helps me control cravings and it is easier to avoid or cave in to the cravings if I know that I am going to eat with-in an hour or so instead of knowing I will have to wait 4-5 more hours. Understandibly, with some jobs and life styles that may not be possible.

Lastly, it is never a bad idea to have some healthy snacks around that you can use in an emergency. It will give you an option that you can control and will help you not cave in to any other "stuff" around your house or office.
  • Buckeye_Fittie
    Options
    Protein and fiber.
    -pack 100 calories worth of fresh, shelled, unsalted edamame in a plastic bag when you're on the run.
    -grab a plain 0% fat chobani-- it's packed with protein.
    -scramble an egg white or two.
    -eat a green apple.

Lastly:
    -drink water!!!! your body often mistakes dehydration for hunger.
  • restoringgrace
    restoringgrace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds! Add them to a drink, smoothy, yogurt oatmeal anything really they expand and help you feel fuller longer and they are great for you because they are a super food with loads of omega 3's, protien and fiber!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    High protein and adding fats back into my diet have made the world of difference to my hunger levels. I have noticeably been less hungry since upping my healthy fat levels.
  • MeaganMichelle93
    MeaganMichelle93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds! Add them to a drink, smoothy, yogurt oatmeal anything really they expand and help you feel fuller longer and they are great for you because they are a super food with loads of omega 3's, protien and fiber!

Ive heard of Chia Seeds before! Where can I get them?
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    When I exercise hard I lose my appetite. Also Protien:smokin: