6'4" girl needs some tall friends

Options
Hi I'm new here today and would love some tall friends like me for support. I'm 6'4" 160 lbs looking to get to 135. I have a smaller frame with big hips and thighs that need to go. Support me and I'll support you

Replies

• amazon30
    amazon30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i'll support you! 6ft tall girl here, 172lbs right now, medium frame. im hoping to get to 160 with lots more muscle and toning. so im jealous of your 160!!
  • samanthaancell
    samanthaancell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Girl I'm in the same boat! I'm 5'10 and desperately trying to get in shape. Add me!
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wow what is it like being 6ft 4?
  • jepatton22
    Options
    Wow what is it like being 6ft 4?
    it has its good and bad points but overall the good outweigh the bad. Finding jeans is the worst.
  • Suzy81123
    Suzy81123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow! 6'4"? I'm only 4'10", however I'm awesome at support. =) Feel free to add this shortie if you'd like. LoL Good luck in your journey!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    135lb is waaaaay underweight for your height, and you're already at the lower end of a healthy weight for your height. You might want to rethink your goals, perhaps building muscle mass and lowering fat through resistance training.
  • adamskidxo
    Options
    i'm 6 foot and weigh 177lbs, feel free to add me anyone :) but hun ..150 is classed as borderline underweight for your height ..let alon 135, be careful :/
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    135lb is waaaaay underweight for your height, and you're already at the lower end of a healthy weight for your height. You might want to rethink your goals, perhaps building muscle mass and lowering fat through resistance training.

Seconded.
  • cbmom2013
    cbmom2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HEY! I'm 5'10 with a small frame. I'm currently 153# - goal weight of 140-145#. I have been as low as 135# about 7 yrs ago (prior to 2nd child) and that was a bit TOO low...too hard to maintain. I feel your pain in the hips and thigh area...I'm a pear shape and have to work super hard to keep everything in check. I've found that 20 minutes of pilates 3x a week coupled with a good diet works wonders!! I'm trying my hand at strength training now (at home). I'm not a gym person. I do MUCH better with working out at home - more convenient and don't worry about appearances. Please add me as a friend! I am usually on her Mon-Fri and will try to be helpful! Hope to talk to you soon!!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Seconded.

Thirded. At 160 and 6'4 you are at a 19.5 BMI (which is on the low end of normal). You already have the body most of us on here want, why do you think 135 is where you want to be?
  • TwinkiesNKetchup
    Options
    I'm going to have to forth the motion that your goal isn't healthy. I'm 6ft, small framed and my ideal weight is 155. When I played college basket ball I weighed 140 and was way too skinny. I was literally trying to gain weight then! Anyway, good luck, be healthy.

*My daughter is 6'3 and 190 (playing college basketball) Don't be ashamed of your weight.
  • ThePerplexed1
    ThePerplexed1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    LOL you guys don't short friends?
  • jepatton22
    Options
    Bump
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    im 6'2 and you tower over me, but lets be friends! anyone else can add me too if you want!
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    6'1" here. Feel free to add me!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    135?

um. NO.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Please tell me you meant to type 153... as in only losing 7lbs… right??
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually one to *kitten* on someone else's goals, please believe that, but this tugs at me.

135 is the weight my older sister was trying to get BACK UP TO (under medical supervision) after struggling with anorexia for almost three years. She is 5'11. You are five inches taller...
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to agree with everyone else...135lbs on 6'4" is too small. I am 5'9' and at 135 I was told I was "unhealthy" looking, so I can't imagine what it would look like on someone your height. I don't want you to feel like we are body shaming you, we are just concerned because it is such a low weight for your height :flowerforyou:
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    6'4" guy here...feel free to add me! Good luck on your journey!