I've plateaued-- help!!

Options
I have 18 more pounds to lose until my 2nd goal, and I'm stuck!
Maybe it's because I'm so busy with school, but I'm having so much trouble cutting calories and even getting myself to work out more than once a week!. I don't know the last time I got more than 6 or 7 hours of sleep. :(

Any suggestions on ways to be healthy with a busy college lifestyle?

I just feel so apathetic, and I dont know what to do. :(

Replies

• CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Try to portion your meals. I buy a footlong sub, but when i am really cutting I only eat half and then eat the other half at dinner. Try to drink a lot of water and coffee/tea in the day as well. You will have a little more energy and be more alert. The water is just generally healthy, makes you lose weight and makes you feel full.
  • sboothe24
    sboothe24 Posts: 34
    Options
    Celery is a metabolism booster. It always gets me off of my Plateau. Also try eating more or less calories for 2 days and drink plenty of water to get rid of extra sodium and for digestion. And you can also try a detox or cleanse if that doesnt work. Hope I helped :)
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    I hope you get out of your plateau soon. It can be frustrating, since you don't have time to work out I would focus on diet. Perhaps limiting sodium or carbs for a bit. I am personally in to a low carb diet, and have seen a lot of success, you may want to give that a shot. Wishing you the best.
  • amylillian
    amylillian Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Detox always has seemed interesting to me. Have you done one before?
  • brianhin
    brianhin Posts: 28
    Options
    I feel your pain (as far as a busy lifestyle goes). I have 2 jobs, a business, and am a full-time graduate student. I still find at least 45 minutes to an hour a day to workout though. I would suggest trying to hard schedule a time of the day where you'll workout and prioritize other things around it. Make your health a high priority of yours and by doing so, you'll find it easier to cut calories and workout ;)
  • svetlanav
    svetlanav Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try this:
    eat rice every 4-5 hours (3/4 of a coffee cup) with a little something you like to make 1 full coffee cup (egg, piece of fruit/veggie, sausage, etc.). Avoid caffeine, fat and sugar. You can use whole wheat toast for couple of meals, again with something you like (cheese, sausage, egg, fruit or veggie, etc.). Don't eat more than 2 coffee cups of food (including liquids- 1 cup of solid food, 1 cup of liquid) at one sitting. Eat within 30 min of waking and you should be able to fit 5-6 meals a day. Do not snack. The last meal of the day should be slightly lighter than the rest of them. Do this for 4 weeks (it will get easier after 3 wks) and you are set for 5 years. You can reset your equilibrium to whatever point you like. Your metabolism will speed up after 3 wks, as well as your stomach will shrink, so you will feel satisfied with smaller meals. after one month, you can slowly add other foods (such as occasional chocolate and so forth, but you won't need much to get satisfied). Just stay in tune with your body, and eat healthy, and in small portions. I recommend not exercising first month, so that your body does not demand calories during this critical time. You can ask me any questions. I have done this diet 3 times in the last 15 years and that is the only thing that truly works, permanently. ( It has worked on other people, too and lasted 5 years. I tried many, many diets, including the south beach diet, back when it was unknown- 15 years ago).. I am 37 and people say I look mid-twenties. I want to hear back.
  • lmurdock42
    lmurdock42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have tried a detox that actually goes along with another 14-day step. You can buy just the detox plan, it's 10 days, it is from www.advocare.com. A lot of atheletes use this brand. It consists of a fiber drink, herbal supplements and probiotic supplements. Jillian Michaels also has one but I don't know anyone who has tried it. With doing the whole 24 day challenge I lost 5 pounds and 8 inches. It made me realize what I'm really eating, and so far to date I've lost 9 pounds!!!
  • DaNuKea
    DaNuKea Posts: 3
    Options
    Even when you dont have time you have time...by this I mean when all else fails for exercise, situps, pushups and leg lifts, fireman, glute squeezes or a 10 min workout DVD (QT has a series) anything to get you right before you go to bed. It is the small steps that make big gains...you can also do calf raises when standing in line, you can do ab contractions while sitting in class you can do wall push ups or wall squats between class changes, you just have to find what works for you and as far as meal a protein shake ( I love BSN Dessert Banana cream) Will promote lean muscle count as a meal cut calories and make you feel full add some fruit and some fat free vanilla waffes and I am telling you you will be past that plateau in not time!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Work some exercise in there. I'm doing couch 2 5 K and it really works. I've met my goal in just over 3 months. It only takes 25 minutes 3 times a week.
  • svetlanav
    svetlanav Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried my rice diet? I lost almost all the weight I needed to lose (5 lb) in the last two weeks (since I gave you my advice). Before then I was weekly: 120, 121.5, 121, 121, 121. and then I started the rice diet: 118.5 and today 117. And I haven't even tried hard. My optimal weight is 116, but my goal is 115, just to make sure I am where I need to be. Let me know your progress.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I've heard that 2 tablespoons of vinegar a day helps boost weightloss. I haven't tried it though. Just don't give up. You will get through it.