I can't be the only one

Options
So my dressers are over flowing with clothes. I have several items the are now too big but I am having a hard time parting with them because I love them so. I know I just need to bite the bullet and make a goodwill run. Is anyone else having a hard time parting with old clothing?

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I did, but I finally managed to make myself get rid of the stuff i was most attached to. It was really hard, even though it no longer fit, and I never wanted it to fit again!!! There was a lady at work that really needed some new stuff, and I knew it would fit her so I gave it to her. I am not sure that is the best idea, because I see her wearing my things, and then I miss them!!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am not there yet, but I think I will have a hard time - I have some pieces I love now but of course they're larger sizes! In particular I have some dressy jeans that are a favorite. Of course I WANT them to not fit anymore, but I will just hope I can find a suitable replacement.

Congratulations on having so many clothes to get rid of! You should put something on to see the immense difference in how it fits now versus how it used to fit... maybe that will make it easier to get rid of things.
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yes! :tongue: I still have some of 'my-precious' formal dresses that I need to part with.
    With all other dresses too it was difficult to walk over to Goodwill! I took a two thronged approach to face it:
    a) I told myself that if I have loose clothings in home, I will gain weight back. It will be so convenient. "So, Gargi- please get rid of them!"
    b) I got new clothes :smile: And I fell in love with them!
  • montlucia
    Options
    The most annoying bit is having to throw away pretty bras. Before I started losing weight, I got some new bras. But it wasn't long before I had to go down a band size again.

Because of my body shape, clothes seem to hang around my waist but it's a while longer before my trousers get looser.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I DO! D: But I was also foolish and bought a lot of new clothes halfway through my journey. Some didn't even last a month before I shrunk out of them. Silly me... I keep telling myself that ONE DAY I'll take them in so they'll fit better, but I'm just such a procrastinator lol.
  • starcrost79
    Options
    I have this exact same problem! I've tucked away a giant box of clothes that don't fit anymore. I know that my reluctance to part with these items stems from the yoyo dieting I've done in the past, and I can't bear to part with the clothes until i know for sure that I won't need them again. It's a huge stressor for me, so I just let them sit in the box.

Perhaps one day we'll be strong enough to get rid of them! :o)
  • hayleygirl01
    hayleygirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wish i had that problem. I just took 12 black large garbage bags of clothes to GoodWil that are to small! I was crying, ridiculous i know
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    NO!!

I got that too big stuff out of my house as soon as it was too big! :happy:
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Nope, not at all.

I enjoy donating my old clothes. It's like throwing away the body I will never have again. Plus, my clothes will go to someone who needs them much more than I do. It's a win all around.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You could also get your favorite pants re-sized, hemmed, etc...I had a really nice pair of dress pants that I felt i paid too much for to let go so soon :( So i took it to one of the seamstress places at a local mall and she sized them down a few sizes for me! it was great and wasn't that costly either :) But yes letting go of favorite pieces is hard :(
  • taziob
    taziob Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need some retail therapy. Take a pal and go on a little shopping trip and get a few new things that look fabulous on you. Then you won't feel bad at all. (I wish I was at this point, but haven't lost enough to justify it yet. But YOU definitely have!) :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!