Embrace the pain... but don't forget your spotters!

Options
2»

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you to all who've read and responded with your own insights. Your perspectives and feedback brought tears to my eyes.

And - on a side note - this is one of the reasons why I firmly believe that MFP is NOT on the decline.
    :heart:
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I really needed to see this today. Thank you.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi GF my husband bought me a beautiful silver ring with engraved hearts on the outside and on the inside part of the inscription is = embrace the pain=
    I always took that to mean push through- go farther- ignore the pain and feel the burn

I too have been having difficult emotional stuff come up in my own mind as of late in respect to some bad family issues and my mothers passing a couple years ago- stuff that I gained weight over because I didn't face it ..... now it is coming back and I am not gonna eat over it I am gonna face it head on and attack it.... I am gonna embrace that pain...

I can't thank you enough I am sure your sharing has touched many people in a positive way
    U my friend are one courageous chick!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well put, best wishes to you on this journey
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I love this analogy - and like you I am very thankful for my emotional spotters - we sometimes forget to ASK them to spot us - which is very important to remember - they are there - and most of them do want to help us :-)

Thinking of you this week and wishing you strength in all you do :-)
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite topics ever, the phenomenon where your physical strength and determination and gains and lessons learned all soak into the rest of your life. When you're finding yourself warming up to handle the big stuff, bracing yourself, talking positively in your head to get through it and then shoving through - no matter if there are tears just running down your face.

It's like this with facing the ugly decisions we don't want to make, when facing the knowledge that we can't go through life avoiding all pain - whether it is causing it, enduring it or both. We can only fortify ourselves, be responsible for ourselves and keep a clear head.

If we panic, that's when we twist off the path and injure ourselves, sometimes very badly. But if we breathe, brace, visualize the movement and stare at the horizon, we'll be able to move that mountain.

:heart:

:heart: :heart: :smooched: :heart: :heart:

much much needed today
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. Been there in the dark
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    bump
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this today--thank you! I'm hoping this will encourage me to push through my emotional AND physical weaknesses--both of which are pretty significant right now.

OP, I wish you the best of luck with your journey (as cliche as that sounds). :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Firstly... I wanna thank everyone who has

BUMPED 543d63bb681646118e73005424747959@2x.gif

this thread. :-)

Secondly, thank you so much for your feedback, shared stories and learned lessons. Love them all!
    And Kevin - if you ever have time, I'd love it if you would put back in your refiner's fire analogy! It was beautiful and did not take away from the thread whatsoever!