Need help! - green coffee bean and rasberry ketone

Hey !
Just joined this site because i am desperate to lose weight. Ideally want to lose 45lbs but have absolutely no self control or will power. I have been on diet pills my whole life and learned the hard way. I was skinny skinny skinny and then bam gained triple the weight. Now i cant lose a pound! I work an office job where I sit 10 hours a day. Sweets are my best friend and worst enemy at the same time - I just cant say no. I take kickboxing 3 times a week - or at least try to. I went to my local GNC and they suggested taking green coffee bean extract supplements, along with rasberry ketone supplements, and Women's Daily Active GNC multi-vitamin, daily, to help jumpstart weight loss. Does anyone know anything about these supplements or have experience with them?

thank you!

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Useless diet scam. GNC probably sells it by the boatload because everybody's heard that Dr. Oz recommended it (which is a good reason to avoid anything, IMO). The only place you'll lose weight is in your wallet. A multi-vitamin isn't a bad idea, but it won't help as far as weight loss goes.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    No, no, no. Get a grip of yourself. Change your lifestyle. Plain and simple. It's the only way you will succeed. Not with products or pills.
  • Hi I just bought the Green Coffee Bean diet pills last night. I heard many great things about them. They are not going to work unless you go on a low calorie diet and excercise at least a little bit. They help with the weight loss. If you are doing My Fitness Pal and staying within your daily calories and take the Coffee Bean, It is supposed to help you loose twice the weight. Good Luck!
  • For once in my life Im not trying to take the easy way out.... just trying to give myself a bit of a boost. Going to try and take the green coffee been and the rasberry ketone together. Girl at GNC said I wont see results right away... will take at least 2 weeks to do something. Hopefully will have some good feedback!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Way to lose weight::::

Diet: 75%
    Exercise: 24%
    Supplements: 1%

Abs are made in the kitchen, Exercise makes them bigger, supplements give you the little edge to help.
  • taso42
    Hi I just bought the Green Coffee Bean diet pills last night. I heard many great things about them. They are not going to work unless you go on a low calorie diet and excercise at least a little bit. They help with the weight loss. If you are doing My Fitness Pal and staying within your daily calories and take the Coffee Bean, It is supposed to help you loose twice the weight. Good Luck!

Sucker
  • d2footballJRC
    For once in my life Im not trying to take the easy way out.... just trying to give myself a bit of a boost. Going to try and take the green coffee been and the rasberry ketone together. Girl at GNC said I wont see results right away... will take at least 2 weeks to do something. Hopefully will have some good feedback!

I repped for a supplement company that sold both of those products and I actually got them for free. 2 weeks won't be enough time. What they will do is help as a mild appetite suppressant. Raspberry Ketones are effective as that I noticed when I took them over a 90 day period. They aren't a miracle, and when you lose weight, it's going to be because of your hard work that does it. You will not be able to eat junk food and get away with it just because you are popping RK's and GT Extract. It's not even going to give you a 25% boost. Like I said, from all the logs we had going, the biggest thing they did was a mild appetite extract seemed to be the most common. Which isn't going to hurt your results and should help you some.

They are not needed, if your diet and training isn't in order they will do absolutely zero, zilch, nil, for you.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    You don't need them. Those who've had most success with losing weight and keeping it off haven't used them. There is very littel scientific evidence that they actually have any effect (other than lightening your wallet).

Just say no.
  • taso42
    For once in my life Im not trying to take the easy way out.... just trying to give myself a bit of a boost. Going to try and take the green coffee been and the rasberry ketone together. Girl at GNC said I wont see results right away... will take at least 2 weeks to do something. Hopefully will have some good feedback!

Want a boost? Make a pot of coffee and drink it. Don't fall for these gimmicks.
  • d2footballJRC

Want a boost? Make a pot of coffee and drink it. Don't fall for these gimmicks.

Quick Oats. Phentermine. Tren. O.O :-D
  • I have to say for somebody who craves chocolate all the time (and has it on her desk at work at all times) after taking these supplements today I have no cravings or desires whatsoever. I feel alot more energized then I normally do. I dont have dry mouth or anxiety like I did from other supplements. And my lunch was half its usual portion. So far so good. Lets see how I feel tomorrow when I take them, considering I have an intense workout after work. I do kickboxing with a personal trainer which is supposed to burn close to 1000 calories. I havent had any energy during these classes at all, so lets see how I feel tomorrow on these supplements.
  • d2footballJRC
    I have to say for somebody who craves chocolate all the time (and has it on her desk at work at all times) after taking these supplements today I have no cravings or desires whatsoever. I feel alot more energized then I normally do. I dont have dry mouth or anxiety like I did from other supplements. And my lunch was half its usual portion. So far so good. Lets see how I feel tomorrow when I take them, considering I have an intense workout after work. I do kickboxing with a personal trainer which is supposed to burn close to 1000 calories. I havent had any energy during these classes at all, so lets see how I feel tomorrow on these supplements.

The supplements aren't preworkouts nor energy supplements, any extra energy you perceive would be placebo.
  • I have to say for somebody who craves chocolate all the time (and has it on her desk at work at all times) after taking these supplements today I have no cravings or desires whatsoever. I feel alot more energized then I normally do. I dont have dry mouth or anxiety like I did from other supplements. And my lunch was half its usual portion. So far so good. Lets see how I feel tomorrow when I take them, considering I have an intense workout after work. I do kickboxing with a personal trainer which is supposed to burn close to 1000 calories. I havent had any energy during these classes at all, so lets see how I feel tomorrow on these supplements.

The supplements aren't preworkouts nor energy supplements, any extra energy you perceive would be placebo.

Maybe its the Active Multi-Vitamin, or maybe its mental... but so far no complaints!
  • d2footballJRC
    I have to say for somebody who craves chocolate all the time (and has it on her desk at work at all times) after taking these supplements today I have no cravings or desires whatsoever. I feel alot more energized then I normally do. I dont have dry mouth or anxiety like I did from other supplements. And my lunch was half its usual portion. So far so good. Lets see how I feel tomorrow when I take them, considering I have an intense workout after work. I do kickboxing with a personal trainer which is supposed to burn close to 1000 calories. I havent had any energy during these classes at all, so lets see how I feel tomorrow on these supplements.

Maybe its the Active Multi-Vitamin, or maybe its mental... but so far no complaints!

Multi-Vitamin isn't an energy supplement. You aren't giving yourself enough credit, it might just be from working out. That can help release those endorphins and get those energy levels up.
  • Hey whatever is going to help Ill take a chance and try it. If it don't work only thing I loose is $10.. Why am I a sucker for that?
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    There is no magic pill. Dr. Oz is quack and a huckster. Eat correctly. Exercise more. That's the only way this works.
  • So have you lost any weight from using these yet? or are they a waste of time and money?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Hi I just bought the Green Coffee Bean diet pills last night. I heard many great things about them. They are not going to work unless you go on a low calorie diet and excercise at least a little bit. They help with the weight loss. If you are doing My Fitness Pal and staying within your daily calories and take the Coffee Bean, It is supposed to help you loose twice the weight. Good Luck!

Sucker

Haha, took the words out of my mouth. That was exactly my thoughts. Diet industry loves desperate, gullible people.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    If you want a multivitamin go for it. I took the women's daily active but all they did was make my pee super yellow.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    No, no, no. Get a grip of yourself. Change your lifestyle. Plain and simple. It's the only way you will succeed. Not with products or pills.

Couldn't have said it better.