Primal/ Paleo eating

Options
Anybody else into this kind of eating and lifestyle? I've started taking a swing at it, but I think I have a lot to learn. I'd be interested in friending folks who are into it, so we can share info with each other. I've only been doing it for a couple weeks, and while I don't know yet if I've lost any weight, I do seem to have more energy. I know calories in vs. calories out has to be a factor no matter what other factors I'm playing with, but I'm thinking there is something to the blood sugar spiking issue. That's certainly been a factor in my development of Diabetes. Any input is appreciated, and I'd like to hear from yea sayers and nay sayers, as long as as info provided can be backed up by evidence or at least by some correlative results that would merit further investigation.

Replies

• Bambalama
    Bambalama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nobuddy wansa playwitme?
  • gilmoregirlsr
    gilmoregirlsr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My mother has been eating the "Paleo" way for about a year now and she loves it. She noticed the spike in energy right away and has been loosing steady with this lifestyle. She also lifts and she feels this way of eating has helped her in her lifting goals.
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been eating primal for almost a month now and it's great after the first initial shock. There are some great groups if you search primal or paleo that will provide you with tons of info :smile:
  • DostThouEven
    Options
    This is the wrong subforum

No, I don't put silly restrictions on what I eat
  • bobbiturned
    Options
    Yeah, been doing Primal Paleo for nearly 1 year now and it works well for blood sugar level regulation. It stopped me having blood sugar spikes (energy crash and burn!) and I lost and kept off the weight.

Best app I've tried for basic info/ foods/ recipes is the Primal Paleo app, think its iPhone only at moment

As for real life examples, I bullied friends and family to try it out and I've seen:

- 1 come off antacids (had been on strongest ones for 5 years)
    - 1 got rid of acne problems!?!?
    - 3 stopped bloating/ gas (think that was to do with cutting out wheat/ gluten specifically, turns out lots of us are intolerant to it but don't know it)

And they all lost weight in the process. Think the reason it works is by effectively cutting out carbs which our body uses as the source of energy otherwise, instead of burning the fat we have stored...
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I tihnk Paleo has some good ideas and is far healthier than most diets. But it fails the BS test for a couple of reasons:
    1. Cavemen lived to be 35-40 years old. I'm already 47.
    2. "Let's eat like the cavemen did. Have some almond flour cookies."