Need Gym Workout Routine

lisa810
lisa810 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi,
Can anyone help me with a routine for the gym. I am going to try and go 4 to 5 days a week for about an hour each time.

Thanks,

lissy

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Is your goal to do this to loose weight or do you have other fitness goals you are striving for? It will change what you do drastically depending on the answer to that question. Also, what has been your fitness level up till now?
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    I have two routines. On cardio days I do 10 minutes on the treadmill to warm up, then do 5 sets of 40 crunches and finish with 40 minutes on the cross trainer machine. On the opposite days I do 10 minutes on the treadmill to warm up, 5 sets of 40 crunches, 3 leg machines, 5 arm machines and then 30 minutes on the cross trainer. I try to do cardio every day and do cardio and weights every other day. At my gym they offer 1 free personal trainer session a month and that's how this was set up for me. Maybe your gym offers something similar. Good luck!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Im trying to shed lbs. I do cardio 6 days a week at least 40-50 minutes on higher intensity. I also incorporate free weights and some machines 3-4 days a weight. Cardio strips the fat, and weights firm and tone.
This discussion has been closed.