Eating at night

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I eat up till 11:00pm EVERY NIGHT. Meal timing doesn't matter if you're within calorie limits.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    My after dinner eating is triggered by the kitchen. When I walk into the kitchen for any reason, my mind tells me "I'm hungry". I guess old habits die hard.

Now that I'm aware of this behavior, I know that I'm not hungry, I'm just in the kitchen - and I get the hell out ASAP.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I always try to pace myself so that I have enough calories available for an evening snack. As long as you are staying within your calories for the day, you can eat those calories whenever you like.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I eat up till 11:00pm EVERY NIGHT. Meal timing doesn't matter if you're within calorie limits.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This. Eat whenever you bloody want as long as you're within calorie limits! Bring on the late night eating :love:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When you feel guilty about eating normally, that is a sign of an eating disorder.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    When you feel guilty about eating normally, that is a sign of an eating disorder.

<3
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have this annoying habit of eating at night. The worst part? I try and save calories for night time eating. This has been habitual since I was a little girl. Everyday begins with good intentions and ends with guilt and beating myself up. I know what I should do so why can't I just do it? It's all a choice, right? Anyone else struggle with this?

If you're saving calories for night then there is no problem. There is no scientific benefit to eating in the daytime, otherwise every night worker in the world would be obese.

If however, you have eaten your calorie allowance by 3pm and then it might be a problem.

What are your calorie goals btw?
  • OkaNekko
    OkaNekko Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a practice that seems odd, but works for me.
    After dinner is cleaned up, about 7 or so, I do this:
    I announce, out loud, even if I'm alone: "The kitchen is Now Closed!".
    Then I turn out the light and don't enter that room until morning. If I need water for later, I bring it out before "closing".

I love this idea. The mind is so powerful, and retraining the way you think is an important step in being successful.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner every night somewhere between 8-9:30 PM and go to bed around 10...hasn't hindered my weight loss in the least. If you like to eat at night, eat and night...just make sure it fits in your calorie goals. Your metabolism doesn't really care what time it is.
  • lynnfaye2
    lynnfaye2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ugh, me too. :( I can go all day and then be starving right before bed. If I eat one bite I get obnoxious hunger cravings.